We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help finding a place to stay

chesterfield
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
help finding a place to stay

Hi All,

My family needs your help. We are interested in visiting Bryson City but I am having trouble finding a place to stay. We are looking for something with a fabulous view, preferably a nice lake/traditional mountain river view with rapids, etc. I do not like the idea of the dated, tired and worn out rooms that I am mostly finding. I don't mind a cabin and have been looking at those offered by Watershed, but that wouldn't be my first choice. I am considering the Fryemont Inn because I like the idea of the included meals, but I'm afraid the room will be dated and tired looking. My prefernces in lodgings lean more towards nicer linens and accommodations. I am from VA and have stayed at a couple of mountain inns here and am worried that I will end up with something like where I have stayed at here, no TV in the room, etc., which I don't mind but the kids will. Are there any nicer lodge type resort or resorts in general? The reviews for the Fryemont Inn are mostly good, but the neg. ones point out the dated decor. Would be willing to go a little outside the area if someone has any ideas. Price is not a big concer. Thanks!

florida
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: help finding a place to stay

I would go with a cabin. Many are brand new. Try vrbo.com. Try the cities of Bryson City/Cherokee/Maggie Valley.

Miami, Florida
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: help finding a place to stay

The Fryemont Inn was absolutely fabulous! Granted, it's 86 years old,

the building has settled and the trees have grown so much to block

the view but......everything about the Fryemont was wonderful. The

food in the dining room (breakfast and dinner included with the room)

was some of the most outstanding food ever eaten.....huge portions,

3 sides served in separate bowls, dessert.....absolutely wonderful.

Five trout dishes, 3 beef dishes, chicken, lamb, all absolutely amazing.

You only paid for bar drinks separately. The rooms were very comfortable,

wonderful king size bed and a claw leg bathrub and the bathsoaps and

bath powder provided were awesome! I purchased more to take home.

The huge fireplace in the lobby could hold 8 foot logs and you can sit

on the porch and rock in the rocking chairs for hours. I loved it.....but

bring a book. One TV in the lobby and a game table are the only

entertainment but if you want to get away from it all, this is the place.

They booked tickets for us on the Great Smokey Mountain Railway

which is a short 5 minute drive away. We stayed for 3 days and 2 nights

and loved every minute of it.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,451 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help finding a place to stay

Watershed Cabins are fantastic! We have stayed in several different ones, I won't go back to a regular hotel! You get plenty of room to relax, great views, privacy, fantastic beds and linens....

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,572 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help finding a place to stay

You may like to check on: Close to where you want to be.

Snowbird Mountain Lodge, a Smoky Mountain country inn nestled on 100 acre NCmountaintop.Phone 800-941-9290 ... Snowbird Mountain Lodge ~ 4633 Santeetlah Road,...

www.snowbirdlodge.com -

Bryson City, North...
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help finding a place to stay

check out the Nantahala Village <www.nvnc.com>, they have a restaurant on site and a variety of cabins and lodge rooms to choose from. They have TV's in the rooms as well

6. Re: help finding a place to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2011, 18:47
NC
Level Contributor
55 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: help finding a place to stay

If the children are 10 or older, the Fryemont has a really nice suite that is not in the historic building, but is located on the same property. It's called Fireplace Suite #4. It has a bedroom with a king bed downstairs and a loft with a double. Nice living room and a kitchen, although you won't need it since meals are included. The suite also has a small outdoor hot tub--better suited for 2 than 4--off the master bedroom. The porch on that building has a pretty view of the mountains and the suite is air conditioned and has TV in the living room and the master bedroom. It's really nice. Also, the meals are really good.

Bryson City, North...
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: help finding a place to stay

Check out Nantahala River Lodge, located just past the put in for the whitewater part of the Nantahala River. This place sleeps 8, right on the upper Nantahala and is REALLY nice. THey used old wood harvested from an old barn but uses granite counter tops. Nicer than my house, for sure. I think you won't be disappointed. They are right on the road but HONESTLY, you don't really notice it. This is the second time we have stayed there and never have been disappointed. www.nantahalariverlodge.net

florida
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: help finding a place to stay

I watched that cabin being built. It is beautiful. It was wrote up in the New York Times for great vacation homes. Be prepared to empty the bank account to stay there.

Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: help finding a place to stay

check out on vrbo # 308193 we love his place

Get answers to your questions about Bryson City
Recent Conversations