We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carolina or Wrightsville Beach for family vacation

Which Carolina Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Carolina or Wrightsville Beach for family vacation

We've nver been to the Outer Banks area and are excited to visit! For a family with children 4 and 6 would you recommend Wrightsville or Carolina beach? I've looked closely at the Couryard by Marriott (Carolina) and Holiday Inn (Wrightsville) -- we want a hotel rather than condo for this trip -- we'll travel late July/early August for about 5-6 days ... thanks for your input!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Carolina or Wrightsville Beach for family vacation

Good information...even though dstreet13 asked the question 2 years ago.

Fairfield...
Level Contributor
502 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Carolina or Wrightsville Beach for family vacation

OMG! This is so funny! I didn't look at the dates - just saw it was up on the recent board. Well, I'll be checking all dates from now on..

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
26,873 posts
379 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Carolina or Wrightsville Beach for family vacation

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach and loved it. We went to the beach each day and then came back to our hotel for lunch-we had a small kitchen. The hotel had a nice pool also. It was very affordable. Great steakhouse just in front of hotel and grocery store across the street. We ate at Oceanic and Dockside Grill and really enjoyed being on the water and watching the boats, etc.

NC mountains
Level Contributor
755 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Carolina or Wrightsville Beach for family vacation

IMO opinion, the Courtyard Marriott was the worst thing to happen to Carolina Beach.

CB is a diamond in the rough; we love it. If you hate it, that's perfectly fine with me. It just means less traffic, shorter lines, and cheaper motel rates. :P

Indian Trail, North...
Destination Expert
for Charlotte
Level Contributor
844 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Carolina or Wrightsville Beach for family vacation

Hey! We'll be staying in CB at the Beach House Inn and I was curious as to what type of restaurants and such were in walking distance? This will be our 1st time to the area and we'll be down in September. And any other info you can provide will be appreciated. THANKS! =)

Williamsburg...
Level Contributor
6 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Carolina or Wrightsville Beach for family vacation

Carolina Beach Courtyard Marriott is a great stay--but the Town of Carolina Beach contracted for the summer with an amusement company and has loud rides within 10ft. of the Courtyard. Not a good place anymore. Find another hotel or go to Wrightsville this year.

However the beach is excellent. Outer Banks quality, good surf, patrolled by police and various lifeguard stations. The poster who criticized it does not know what he is talking about.

17. Re: Carolina or Wrightsville Beach for family vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2010, 07:21
Get answers to your questions about Carolina Beach