We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas for the 25-30 crowd??

Long Beach...
5 posts
Save Topic
Ideas for the 25-30 crowd??

My brother and I will be visiting family in Carolina Beach the week of July 24-31. We tend to get a little antsy in the evenings after being with the family all day. Are there any local bars/restaurants worth checking out in the area? Maybe to grab a few drinks, shoot some pool?

We've been to Carolina Beach a few times before, and have been to the bar (might have been a restaurant too) at the pier, and a place called something like "the smallest bar in NC", but that's about it so far.

We will have access to a car, so we can head into Wilmington if we have to, but local places would definitely be easier. What about Kure or Wrightsville Beaches? Are they close, do they have any thing worth checking out?

Also, I've read that you have to have some sort of membership to drink in bars in NC. What's the story wiht that?

Thanks!!

Melissa

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
60 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ideas for the 25-30 crowd??

You shouldn't need a membership to drink. As far as Carolina Beach, the best place I know of is the Tiki Bar on the pier which it sounds like you've been to before... Also there is the Fat Pelican, but it's a DIVE, but lots of fun too... Kure Beach is on the same island, but no bars... Wrightsville would be appx. 20 minutes away... Same to get to downtown Wilmington, but there are lots of good places downtown.. Slainte and Copper Penny are two of my favorites. Level 5 and the Reel Cafe are lots of others favorites, but not really my deal. Hope this helps.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
9,449 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ideas for the 25-30 crowd??

There is a bar inside Jack Mackerals Resturant at the Kure Beach pier. Might start there, ask the bartender for ideas. That Tiki bar at the Sands hotel is nice. Plus there are a few bars around the arcade area. Some are real dirty dives, others are nice. Always helps to ask the bartenders...they always know other bars to go to. There might also be some places along the way to Wilmington...so you won't have to drive too far.

3. Re: Ideas for the 25-30 crowd??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Carolina Beach
Recent Conversations