We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How is the beach after the beach dredging?

Which Carolina Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
Level Contributor
26 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
How is the beach after the beach dredging?

I read where a beach dredging project was just completed and wondered if the beach is wider now and about the slope in to the water. This will be our first time visiting carolina beach (June 29th) and those were the negative things I had read about the area, so I'm hoping we won't experience these issues! We are staying in reefs iv condo complex, which is in the north end I believe. About a mile north of the boardwalk. Thanks for any info!!

Wilmington
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How is the beach after the beach dredging?

Thank you for your question. According to Town officials the spring dredging project is now complete. For more details, please contact Carolina Beach Assistant Town Manager Ed Parvin at ed.parvin@carolinabeach.org.

Westminster...
Level Contributor
404 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How is the beach after the beach dredging?

I am staying in that building in August - Never been to Carolina beach - Check back when you get home & and let me know how your experience was - with he beach & the building, Location ETC.

Thanks

Ohio
Level Contributor
26 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How is the beach after the beach dredging?

I did email the lady we are renting the condo from and she hadnt got in the ocean after the dredging to be able to comment on the slope (although she said in front in their condo it had never been an issue in the past) and she said the beach was the widest she'd seen it in years. I'll comment again after we get there, a week from Saturday! We're very excited and hope we like this area.

Westminster...
Level Contributor
404 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How is the beach after the beach dredging?

Thanks - I look forward to hearing your Opinion - We are looking forward to our trip as well

Trying something different this year than OCMD or OBX - Hope we like it

Carolina Beach
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How is the beach after the beach dredging?

Here's a 180 view from the Northend that someone posted a week ago. Mind you, this was shortly after TS Andrea, hence the small shelf in the sand. Over time, nature works out those shelves. Hope this is helpful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUSJBlrlN5Q

Poughkeepsie, NY
Level Contributor
137 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How is the beach after the beach dredging?

Thanks for posting that video!

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,416 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How is the beach after the beach dredging?

Wow...the beach looks great!! Even wider than when we were there years ago! Thanks for posting that!

Ohio
Level Contributor
26 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How is the beach after the beach dredging?

Thanks!

Westminster...
Level Contributor
404 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How is the beach after the beach dredging?

Hi Heather - How is the building & the Beach?

Ohio
Level Contributor
26 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How is the beach after the beach dredging?

We are here now on carolina beach ave N. the beach is SO wide and nice! We are very pleased and love the area so far. We've ate at fish bites and front street brewery (Wilmington) and liked them both. Now if the weather would just cooperate I think this would be the perfect family vacation!

Get answers to your questions about Carolina Beach
Recent Conversations