We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How are the beaches this year?

Ohio
Level Contributor
26 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
How are the beaches this year?

On the kure beach forum I read about a lot of erosion and the beach he edging that was done last year was completely gone. I hope not! I loved the wide beach last year and there was no drop off entering the water.

Ohio
Level Contributor
26 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How are the beaches this year?

Well we are here now so I guess I can answer my own question in case anyone is interested. The beach is not nearly as good as last year. We are at 1308 carolina beach ave north. At high tide the beach isn't too wide and there is a decent size drop off in the sand. But going in to the water there isn't a drop off at all so really it's not a huge deal. At low tide it's perfect. The biggest disappointment is that since the beach isn't wide like last year that we can't see the sand over the dunes from our second floor balcony but it's still a beautiful view!

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
9,582 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How are the beaches this year?

Thanks! I can remember years ago we were in Carolina Beach, close to that north pier. The water would come up to our house walkway at high tide! My kids would just sit on the steps and watch the water. Then they did the replenishment and the beach was wide and just right.

One year we stayed at Ocean Dunes in Kure. Right in front of our condo the beach was nice and wide, plenty of room, but just to the north of us a few yards there was no beach...a sharp, high drop off. I felt bad for those people, they had to walk quite a way to get some sand.

3. Re: How are the beaches this year?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Carolina Beach
Recent Conversations