We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Chapel hill area

Which Chapel Hill hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Ridgeville...
Level Contributor
213 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Chapel hill area

Would like to stay in a area where we could walk to food, drinks and fun? Willing to stay close to chapel hill also if needed.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
279 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Chapel hill area

If your budget will allow - stay at the Carolina Inn!

North Ridgeville...
Level Contributor
213 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Chapel hill area

I heard parking is a problem at the Carolina Inn. Is there a Hotel in that area that parking is not a problem. Would like to ablle to leave car at night and walk to eat and have a drink.

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
526 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Chapel hill area

The best place to stay in Chapel Hill to be within walking distance of the downtown restaurants, bars, shops, etc... would be The Franklin. If it's in your price range, it's a good choice.

North Ridgeville...
Level Contributor
213 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Chapel hill area

Does the Franklin have free parking? What about a work out room?

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
526 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Chapel hill area

Yes and yes, according to www.franklinhotelnc.com/pages/services.html

Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
72 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Chapel hill area

I've stayed at the Carolina Inn 3 times in the last year and I've never had a problem with parking. They do charge for it, but the lots have never been so crowded that I couldn't get a space.

The Carolina Inn is fine for me, but it is very "Old South" & not to everyone's taste.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,321 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in Chapel hill area

I go to Chapel Hill quite often for weekends & always get Courtyard by Marriott through: Name Your own Price - Priceline under $60/night - free parking. Don't forget the excellent bus system...

8. Re: Where to stay in Chapel hill area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2011, 05:17