We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chapel Hill Restaurants

Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Chapel Hill Restaurants

Hi,

I'm planning a dinner for graduation weekend in May for approximately 12 people for my partner and some family.

My first trip to the US, I haven't a clue about where to go and was hoping for a few recommendations. As it's a special occasion, I'm looking for a nice upmarket (but not too posh) restaurant to celebrate with a few champagnes with American or European cuisines to suit everyone's tastes.

Thanks in advance !

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
8,190 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chapel Hill Restaurants

It will be REALLY REALLY busy for graduation weekend. You might need to go ahead and call about making reservations now.

That's not my style of restaurant — we tend toward low budget thrills, rather than upmarket — but you might check out La Residence, Il Palio (at the Siena Hotel), Crook's Corner (classic renowned Southern eatery), Elaine's, One restaurant, Bin 54. Others that are worth checking out are Lantern (Asian fusion, James Beard award winning chef), Jujube (asian fusion), Top of the Hill restaurant & brewery (nice space overlooking Franklin St, but maybe more casual than upmarket — mid-priced), similarly, Carolina Brewery has good casual fare, lots of good Indian — Vimala's, Cholonad, Mint. There are a lot of good restaurants, but I would expect all of them to be crowded that weekend. We usually try to stay out of the way then!

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
1,372 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chapel Hill Restaurants

All of the above are good recommendations. The premier special occasion restaurant, in my opinion, is Fearrington House, a Relais & Chateau Inn about 10 miles south of chapel hill. Elaine's is outstanding and my latest discovery, Glass Half Full in Carrboro, is now on my list of favorites, though it might be a little tight for a group of 10.

Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chapel Hill Restaurants

Thanks to you both for your suggestions. We've booked at La Residence :)

Thanks again

4. Re: Chapel Hill Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2014, 03:15