We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When is the best time to buy basketball tickets

Lincoln, Nebraska
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
When is the best time to buy basketball tickets

Hey all, Midwestern girl here. My boyfriend is a huge, HUGE Tar Heel fan, so for Christmas, I'm hoping to give him a trip to see the Heels play Duke in February 2014. I'm wondering when the best time to buy tickets is. I'd like to get them for less than $500, if at all possible, and right now (as of August 28) the cheapest I'm seeing is $600 per ticket. I'm anticipating that prices will continue to drop for the next couple months, hit a bottom and then start to climb again closer to game time. Is this a safe assumption, or am I totally off base?

2 replies to this topic
Greensboro, NC
Level Contributor
974 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When is the best time to buy basketball tickets

IMHO, I would grab them when you can. Those tickets are like gold! If you get them and go, please root for the Dukies!

Edited: 29 August 2013, 02:43
Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
8,773 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When is the best time to buy basketball tickets

At UNC or at Duke? They will be easier to get at UNC, but they're the toughest ones of the season to score. If you know people you can very occasionally hear of some coming free and you can always take a chance that someone will be selling game day, but that's a big chance and you gotta have cash at the right moment. Stuff comes up, people get sick, etc, and have to give up tix at the last minute, but it's hard to count on that.

dukechronicle.com/articles/2013/03/09/scalpi…

…newsobserver.com/accnow/unc-duke-recession-…

Reply to: When is the best time to buy basketball tickets
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted