We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

please help!! I am in a bind...looking for the nicest hotel

Which Charlotte hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
US
1 post
Save Topic
please help!! I am in a bind...looking for the nicest hotel

Please help!! I am in a bind....I am looking for the nicest hotel in Charlotte. My husband and I are coming to town next week for a week of business and pleasure. We are looking for the nicest/most upscale hotel(s) in Charlotte. We were planning to stay in downtown--which I believe is uptown. But, I also have read about possibly South Park or Ballantyne? Our business part of the trip will be in the downtown/uptown area as well as in the "Toddville" area (zip code 28214, I think)--I hope this helps--we do not know the area well. We have been to Charlotte one time previously--but, just for 2 nights (we stayed at the Omni in downtown/uptown for that trip--but, we were very, very, very disappointed with the Omni... :(.

We would so much appreciate any suggestions on the nicest hotels to choose from in Charlotte--preferablby somewhat near the downtown/uptown area and/or the Todville area. Please help....running out of time....(but, some of the hotels that I would have thought would be good canidates seem to get negative reviews on this site??????????) Please help---it is very important to us to have a very nice/upscale hotel room/experience. Thank you in advance for any and all help!!

Charlotte, NC
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: please help!! I am in a bind...looking for the nicest hotel

Ballantyne Resort

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: please help!! I am in a bind...looking for the nicest hotel

The best hotel uptown is probably the Hilton. I concur with the previous poster that Ballantyne Resort is the most upscale hotel in Charlotte. beautiful area, lavish decor, full service spa, etc... When you say "Todville" do you mean Toddville Rd? That's a rather suspect residential area - not good hotels in that area.

The Marriott SouthPark is also a very good hotel and within walking distance of an upscale all and many fine restaurants.

Best wishes.

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: please help!! I am in a bind...looking for the nicest hotel

Oh - forgot one....Renaissance Suites is right off Billy Graham Parkway and just a few minutes from the Toddville Rd. area. A very nice hotel and easy to get to most locations from there ( though not much immediately around it).

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: please help!! I am in a bind...looking for the nicest hotel

I agree -- Renaissance is nice close to the airport. I like the Westin uptown.

NC
Destination Expert
for Raleigh
Level Contributor
739 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: please help!! I am in a bind...looking for the nicest hotel

I stayed at the Westin in downtown/uptown (I always thought that was a silly way to name your downtown) and it was very nice. I have never been disapointed in a Westin. Surprised that others aren't mentioning it. I was right in downtown, so easy to get to restaurants and bars, etc.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
86 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: please help!! I am in a bind...looking for the nicest hotel

Westin....its closer to restaurants and area attractions. The Renaissance is very nice, but not really near anything. At the Westin you would be in walking distance to some great places to eat.

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: please help!! I am in a bind...looking for the nicest hotel

Yes, Westins are consistently good, but the Charlotte Westin is several blocks from anything of consequence. It is a good lodging choice for uptown, though.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
55 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: please help!! I am in a bind...looking for the nicest hotel

I have just stayed in the Renaissance last month while on business-loved it-nice all-suite hotel, large, very comfortable beds.

The Ballentyne is fabulous, luxurious rooms, great food, wonderful spa.

Ballentyne is THE place to stay in Charlotte if your highest priority is a luxury hotel.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
6 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: please help!! I am in a bind...looking for the nicest hotel

The Omni Hotel is as close to the center of uptown as you can get, and it is quite nice. Ballantyne Resort, of course, is great too, but it is about a 30 min drive away from updown (if the traffic is heavy, such as around rush hour, it would be closer to an hour).

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
86 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: please help!! I am in a bind...looking for the nicest hotel

Duke Mansion is probably the nicest in Charlotte now that I think about it. Its pretty impressvie. Also the Morehead Inn is a great historic B&B type place. Much better than the avg chain hotel.