We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pastry shop

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
121 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
pastry shop

How about a good pastry shop in the city? Any recommendations?

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: pastry shop

Great question.....as a lifelong resident, I remember the great bakeries from my childhood but they are pretty much a thing of the past. Fresh Market has some pretty good stuff, but it's not like the good old fashioned shops. Anybody know one?

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,942 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pastry shop

Suarez Bakery at Park Road Shopping Center may fit the bill. There is also a nice bakery on Central Ave near thomas that I can not remember the name of.

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: pastry shop

Ah - Suarez..... I remember when it was Federal Bake Shop - twas excellent. I've been to Suarez a couple times.... fair, but not quite the same. They specialize in Cuban items.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pastry shop

Mmm pastry shops. I would not recommend Suarez, personally. You could do a lot better - Nova, for instance, on Central Avenue is excellent. They are really more known for their bread (and rightfully so!) but they do have some tasty pastries. Also, there is a new shop close to NoDa called Marguerite's French Bakery. I haven't tried it but have heard positive things.

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
121 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pastry shop

Thanks again. Suarez was actually pretty good. It is good to watch time though, they close at 5PM on a weekday. And cash/checks only!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,942 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: pastry shop

Nova or Nova's is the bakery on Central Avenue.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
134 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: pastry shop

For the tastiest slice of cake in town, go to Edible Art on Selwyn (near Selwyn Pub). A huge piece of cake is $3.