We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greetings. Wife gets great transfer with job so...

SF, CA
3 posts
Save Topic
Greetings. Wife gets great transfer with job so...

....Charlotte area here we come.

At present we live in the San Francisco Bay Area (10 Years)

I'm a Brit and my wife grew up in Detroit.

My Wife will be working at BofA HQ and I am early 50s (going on 30) and my Missus is 49.

We have no kids. Were looking for a nice neigborhood and I it would be fabulous for me to live near "water' so Lake Norman springs to mind.

We've had some literature from Cornelius and Huntersville and are leaning toward Cornelius - BOAT!

Any advice or hints would be great and I thank you!

David

SF, CA
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Greetings. Wife gets great transfer with job so...

Forgot to mention I am a work at home Internet Marketing person so I can work anywhere....

We are aware of traffic into Charlotte so she gets a new iPod :)

Car pools??

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Greetings. Wife gets great transfer with job so...

Welcome. Yes, if you want water your two choices are Lake Norman to the north or Lake Wylie to the south. Traffic is about the same both ways - maybe a little better to the south ( I-77). If you lived just across the line in York County, SC your tax situation would be better. Both areas are nice - pricey, but nice. Best wishes.

SF, CA
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Greetings. Wife gets great transfer with job so...

Thanks Bud.

Pricey?? After living here for ten years I think that won't be an issue!

We have a 2 bed 2 bath condo townhouse that is worth $500,00 - 23 miles outside SF

I can't believe the prices in your area!

Brilliant

Thanks so much anything else welcome

southcarolina
Level Contributor
704 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Greetings. Wife gets great transfer with job so...

hello David-as was mentioned earlier there are two lakes that are on either side of Charlotte. I'm located by the second one (Lake Wylie). We too came from CA (Southern) so we were in heaven when it came to the prices of homes. We ended planting our feet in a city called Tega Cay, SC. (www.tegacaysc.org). Tega Cay is located on a peninsula in Lake Wylie. We could not be any more happy with our decision as the city has loads of activities (golf, tennis, walking trails, swimming pool and of course the lake). There are also other areas you might be interested in as well (one that comes to mind is: River Hills in Lake Wylie. What ever you decide I wish you the best of luck and hope you enjoy the south as much as we do.

California
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Greetings. Wife gets great transfer with job so...

lovetega---

Do you ever miss living in California?

I am from Northern California and debating

on whether to relocate to the South

or not---I am looking at Nashville or Dallas though...

California
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Greetings. Wife gets great transfer with job so...

britishchap,

there is a bank literally on every corner in

Charlotte like Starbuck's are here....coming

from SF you will get a great place....

southcarolina
Level Contributor
704 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Greetings. Wife gets great transfer with job so...

to namoisday: I miss 5 things from California (not in any particular order)....my friends (but some have already come to visit-while others promise to visit soon).....IKEA....Trader Joe's...Seal Beach and Fish Taco's. Although California has much to offer it was time for a change and I really do not regret moving one bit. Take care and what ever you decide I wish you the best of luck!

boston
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Greetings. Wife gets great transfer with job so...

Just wondering if the tega cay/fort mills area is private....also religion in the area?

California
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Greetings. Wife gets great transfer with job so...

lovetega---

Thanks so much---I know the trade-offs are something

but the price and cost of living and probably the

Quality is better there....

I was in Pasadena last week--its nice there but

it is very crowded in LA its the same here getting

that way

southcarolina
Level Contributor
704 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Greetings. Wife gets great transfer with job so...

to mcraw-Tega Cay and Fort Mill are both cities and neither are private. Now with Fort Mill there is the actual city and also what they call Fort Mill Township (this is where alot of the growth is right now). Prior to Tega Cay becoming a city it was a private community (by this I mean gated). To this day there is still only one way in and one way out of Tega Cay (if you would like to check out the history of the city go to www.tegacaysc.org). As residents of Tega Cay you are required to have a parking decal on your vehicle (as there are certain areas of the city that you must have a parking decal at....example: Windjammer Park , a beach area off Lake Wylie within Tega Cay). The other thing which is nice about Tega Cay is you can pick and choose which activities you want to do....not like some areas that have a flat fee and you pay if you use them or not. Religion.....this is the Bible Belt so there are churches everywhere.