We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how far from Raleigh Durham Airport?

Which Charlotte hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
No longer on Long...
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Topic
how far from Raleigh Durham Airport?

I already posted this on the Raleigh board but I thought it might be better to post here too....just curious. We are trying to save a bit $$$ with our travels from NY to Waxhaw and see that flying into Raleigh is A LOT cheaaper. Is it more than 2 hours to the Charlotte area? Driving from NY in a Suburban is almost as expensive as buyin 5 round trip tix and it takes about 14 hours with potty stops! YIKES!

Level Contributor
1,439 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how far from Raleigh Durham Airport?

Tomskatt - I've driven this several times and I think it's about 3 hrs. Why don't you put it into Mapquest/Mappoint and see what it says. Also, I've never gone the interstate route, but rather left from Chapel Hill to Pittsboro, then Asheboro, and on into Charlotte by way of back roads.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
506 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how far from Raleigh Durham Airport?

Have you looked at the fares to Greensboro? It is closer, about 2 hrs. Also Columbia, SC would be closer than Raleigh. Raleigh should be about 3 hrs.

Indian Trail, North...
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: how far from Raleigh Durham Airport?

I'm looking into that myself. It seems alot cheaper to leave from Islip (and easier) into Raleigh and then driving. Heading down Oct 12 to the 16 and don't want to lose time driving. By the way where did you stay when you were there? I also need to ask Lori and Red the same.