We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe short term apartments in Charlotte

denver, co
5 posts
Save Topic
Safe short term apartments in Charlotte

Hi everyone,

I have been lurking and reading all of the posts here and they are so very helpful, thank you so much! I have a question that may not be an easy answer, but thought i would ask because i am stresing out allot over it. My husband just received a job offer and we are moving there within a month. We origionally were planning on Raleigh, but after assessing his job situation, the better oppertunities are in charlotte. Anyway, Since we don't know the area we are planning on doing a short term rental (about 3 months) and I have been searching for apartments. 1st problem, we have 2 dogs, 1 a golden retreiver which is a big girl. 2nd problem, our home In colorado has not sold yet (after 6 months on the market) and we are going to have the mortgage as well as rent, so it can not be too expensive.

I have been going non stop research online, but am so frustrated. My main concearn is saftey. I find a place online that meets our requirements and then i do a reviews search on the apartments and they typically turn up all negative reviews mainly with crime concearn from gun shots to heavy drug areas. I know it is only going to be for 3 months, but i don't want to move into a war zone where i have to be scared to walk my dogs. I was hoping that some of you relocators or locals might have ideas or opinions on some nice apartments. I have been doing the crime reports searches as well. I guess I am hoping there is one person out there that might have gone through a similar situation and had some advice. Thank you so much!!

Michelle

southcarolina
Level Contributor
704 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safe short term apartments in Charlotte

Hello Michelle: not sure what area you are looking for or what your price range is but I copied an earlier post that I had written to someone else. I know they also take animals.

" to NChopeful: I know of a very nice apartment complex located in South Charlotte (Ballantyne area) called "Bexley Crossing at Providence". It is a great area and the prices are within your range. Have friends that live there and they are very happy. They also run specials all the time so be sure to ask for them if you stop by

(http://www.weinsteinproperties.com/find_frame.asp?city=Charlotte&loc=Bexley+Crossing+at+Providence)."

Good Luck to you!

Fort Mill, South...
Level Contributor
399 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safe short term apartments in Charlotte

I do not know the prices but Manor House Aptel is showing listings in good areas Especially the Selwyn area 704-377-2621. Avoid Darby Terrace when it was built it was in a nice area but now it is Dodge City. Unfortionately the yellow pages do not break out the corp from standard apartments. I have lived in Charlotte since 1982 and know it fairly well so if you have a street address to a complex you are thinking about email me and I will give you a general answer on safety. Densamjackie@hotmail.com.

denver, co
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Safe short term apartments in Charlotte

Thank you both for your replies. That is very helpful. I will take you up on your offer routguy. Having a locals perspective is always the way to go!!

Thanks again!

Michelle

Get answers to your questions about Charlotte