We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanks for Suggestions

Florida
4 posts
Save Topic
Thanks for Suggestions

Ooops..posted this in wrong place first. :-) Wow...I didn't realize it got THAT cold in Charlotte area. Brrr. Been a long time since I've been in that weather. That's almost as bad as Maine. I appreciate the information from everyone. Have been really nervous about the age thing. I also appreciate the suggestions on where to look. Since you all like Teca Cay, I will check it out. Not sure it will fit my pocketbook, but I'll look. Any comment on Huntersville, Matthews or Cornelius? Thanks again.

southcarolina
Level Contributor
704 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanks for Suggestions

to Cara306: please check out the website that I had listed on your other post (the city data). On it, it will show you the temps. for this area. I have got to tell you I came from Southern California and if I can handle it I think you should have no problem at all. I think that was fluke weather the other poster was referring to. There are alot of people from the east coast that live here, with many more that continue to come. It seems that they want the 4 seasons...just not the harshness that goes with it. I probably will regret saying this but I do not have a generator, nor have we had the need for one. Regarding the other towns you have mentioned they are all pretty close so weather will not be that different. I have not been to Huntersville, or Cornelius but I can tell you that Matthews is a very nice town. Good luck with your search.