We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm Relocating and Need Help!

Which Charlotte hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
I'm Relocating and Need Help!

My family is relocating to Charlotte from Seattle Mid December for my husband's Job. He will be working uptown. We have never been to Charlotte ( will be visiting in a few weeks)I have baby & 12 year old that will be attending Holy Trinity there. Our goal is this...we need an apartment 6 months 'Till we buy our house. We would like it to be in a decent, safe area. My husband would like to take the CATS to work. I would like to live near the grocery store and a place I could take aerobics.IfI Could Walk on a nice day with a baby carriage...bonus!)Is the 4th Ward Icky? We want to spend no more than 750 on a 3bdr. ( Unless I have to convince my husband he must buck up because we will be in the bad neighborhoods otherwise!) Also what about SE Charlotte? I am open to other recommendations. The busline is a dealbreaker. Sorry this is long. Thanks!! We are so excited. Our economy here is awful!!!!

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
506 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I'm Relocating and Need Help!

Come south Tango. You may have to pay more, but you will feel safer and find all the conveniences. How about renting a condo instead of an apt. Sometimes you will get a more stable and safer complex. We used to live in some condos not far from Holy Trinity called Selwyn Farms, (of course that was 20 yrs ago) they are still nice. There are lots of others around Park Rd shopping center which is a great but reasonable place to live. Even if the bus does not come right to your condo/apt, your husband could do the park and ride. You will love it here!

Seattle
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: I'm Relocating and Need Help!

Thanks! What are the names of the most widely read papers down there? ( where I could find great ads for condos to rent? That is a wonderful Idea!) I was looking at the map last night and that area by Holy Trinity looks nice. ( Of course you can't really tell anything from the map :) ) I am very excited about our move. I really think my family will like it there. I have heard it is a very family oriented town. And a little nicer weather also.

No longer on Long...
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: I'm Relocating and Need Help!

try here: www.charlotte.com it is the website for the Observer.

Fort Mill, South...
Level Contributor
399 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I'm Relocating and Need Help!

If you want to be close to grocery store and on the cats line with conviences you might check out Berkdale Exit 25 on 77. It has cats service into downtown and is an interesting mix of residential and retail.

charlotte
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: I'm Relocating and Need Help!

I think what you need is something in Sedgefield or Dilworth. They are both conveniently located to downtown. They are about 3 minutes away from the YMCA. You could take the trolly into town. Holy Trinity is right beside Sedgefield. There are several duplexes and apartments in that area. There is also a rental company that would drive you around and show you different complexes. I am not sure off the top of my head what that company is, but if you want to email me, I would be happy to find out for you.

andrew.thigpen@yourpru.com

Good luck to you. you will love Charlotte.