We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving to Lake Wylie!!!

New Haven, CT.
5 posts
Save Topic
Moving to Lake Wylie!!!

Hello everyone,

My family and I just got back from Charlotte. We looked at some areas in Union County and some areas in York County. We only had two days with our real estate agent, so needless to say, time was short.

On the first day we saw some nice houses, but we didn't fall in love with anything. On the second day we found our dream house in Lake Wylie. It was the very first house we saw on that day. It is in the Landing subdivision. Is anyone familiar with this subdivision? It's very nice! It has a clubhouse, pool, walking trails, park, and even boat slips for use of the lake!

We are very excited to move! We should be in the house by the beginning of December!

Thanks for everyone who replied to my post earlier this month.

Mike

southcarolina
Level Contributor
704 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moving to Lake Wylie!!!

Hey Mike...just wanted to say Congratulations! Its rather funny isn't it...when you see THE HOUSE...you just instantly know! Sorry I can't be of much help to you in regard to The Landing other than where it is located...if you need any info regarding the area...don't hesitate to ask and I or someone else will try and help you out. Good Luck with your move! p.s. wow two days to look around...I can't even imagine the territory you covered....we had a week to do it and I felt like a spinning top :o)

New Haven, CT.
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Moving to Lake Wylie!!!

Hi lovetegacaysc,

Thanks for the congrats! We are excited about moving and in fact have alot packed already. We are going to be moving in three and half weeks.

Let me know about any info you can provide about the area. We would greatly appreciate it. We were only there two days, we know the community pretty well, but didn't really get a chance to venture out and explore as much as we hoped for.

It seems like that alot of stuff is in Gastonia North Carolina??? Does this sound right? I checked out the nearest stuff on the internet, and the nearest stores seem to be in Gastonia. Which is cool because they seem very close.

Thanks again, and let me know any info you can provide... :)

Mike

southcarolina
Level Contributor
704 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moving to Lake Wylie!!!

Hey Mike: I think you will enjoy your new home and city...especially now that they finished the road work on Hwy 49 (right before the bridge). The commuters were not to happy as the work took much longer than anyone ever expected. As far as shopping...that depends on what you are shopping for (but I think Gastonia would be farther than anything I am about to mention)...there are several grocery stores close at hand, a hardware store, Fred's (which I would compare to...Big Lots?) It won't be long before you have a Target (I think that will be off hwy 49 (also known as York Rd) and 160 (also known as Steele Creek) (I heard either a Lowes or Home Depot too...but not positive). There are restaurants close by...the standouts...are T-Bones on Lake Wylie, and the Grid Iron just down the road (I am also told that Five Guys Hamburgers is very good as well...just have it made it by yet). Just down hwy 49 (which turns into Tryon...there is a Walmart, and many more stores and restaurants there...and that's about 8 1/2 miles from you. Next year we will have a WalMart (along with other stores) over here in Tega Cay (off 160). As far as a mall there is a nice mall in Pineville (Carolina Place Mall..and that is apx. 12 miles from you). Right down the road from you is McDowell Nature Center, in Charlotte (which is really nice and a great place for kids). I enjoy taking the back road from Lake Wylie to Belmont (a neat little main street...if you go stop inside the Belmont General Store for a blast from the past). Another high point in Belmont is the Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens. You are also close to other towns such as Clover and York which are great for antiques. I am sure I am missing alot but if you have any other questions or if I think of something else I will be sure to add it. Take care and good luck with the packing! p.s. if you haven't found these you might check out www.lakewyliepilot.com (a free weekly newspaper), there is also a magazine that comes out (I think) 4 times a year and that is called Lake Wylie Living (lots of great stories and info. and these are free...located in stores and such). Once you are settled in...there is a great magazine that you might check out (avail. in the stores, or it is alot cheaper if you subsribe to it) and it's called "OUR STATE" Down Home in North Carolina (it will help you with the discovery of your new homestate.