We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

High end restaurants in Charlotte

Los Angeles, CA
2 posts
Save Topic
High end restaurants in Charlotte

I am organizing an executive retreat for 13 to the Isle of Palms. I would like to plan for an outing one evening to Charlotte. Can you recommend any high end restaurants with killer ambience that might offer a private room?

Mentioned in this post
Isle of Palms
Isle of Palms
Coastal South Carolina, SC
Charlotte
Charlotte
North Carolina
Winston-Salem, NC
Level Contributor
250 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: High end restaurants in Charlotte

I'm guessing you meant to post this in the Charleston forum, but if it's not a mistake, the Capital Grille is definitely high-end and they accomodate large private parties.

Mentioned in this post
Charleston
Charleston
The Capital Grille
The Capital Grille
824 Reviews
Charlotte, NC
Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,387 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: High end restaurants in Charlotte

If you really meant Charlotte NC (3 and half hours away), then Ritz Carlton or Ballantyne Resort would be my choice. Here are the websites.

ritzcarlton.com/en/…

www.spaballantyne.com

Others: Marriott or Omni have separate rooms. Both have nice restaurants.

My favorite Brazilian Classy Restaurant in Charlotte is:http://www.chima.cc/

In Charleston: http://www.woodlandsinn.com/ (not sure about a totally separate room for dining), other than that, also ritz C. & Marriott., you could also try Tristan in Charleston, but that place gets booked up early...

Perhaps you can let us know which city you are interested in. I had lived in both...

Mentioned in this post
Charlotte
Charlotte
North Carolina
The Ballantyne, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Charlotte
The Ballantyne, A Luxury...
852 Reviews
Charlotte, NC
Charleston
Charleston
NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: High end restaurants in Charlotte

Are you planning on driving in or flying from Charleston to Charlotte? It's a 3 and half or four hour drive. It's not really an easy trip. And, if you come during rush hour, traffic will be horrible. There are MUCH better restaurants in Charleston than in Charlotte. It would even be closer to go to Savannah if you just want a change of venue.

Mentioned in this post
Charleston
Charleston
Charlotte
Charlotte
North Carolina
Savannah
Savannah
Georgia Coast, GA
4. Re: High end restaurants in Charlotte

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2010, 05:22