We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Speed week 2010 need help

philadelphia
Level Contributor
356 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Speed week 2010 need help

My wife and I want to come to Charlotte for the week and visit the shops and the festival and all the races. Is it better to stay near the track and drive into Charlotte or stay in city and drive to the track. We also want to visit some race shops. Please help, we have never been to Charlotte and we know nothing. Thanks

SE USA
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Speed week 2010 need help

If you are going to several of the races, you would probably want to stay near the track. Traffic around the track gets really bad before and after races, so I think staying the closer the better. And from there its only about a 20 minute drive to uptown Charlotte for the Speedstreet festival. There is a huge outlet mall near the track and lots of restaurants (but mostly all chains).

2. Re: Speed week 2010 need help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 21 August 2010, 19:37
Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,321 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Speed week 2010 need help

The reason why I mentioned Mooresville NC in previous post:

North Carolina Auto Hall-Fame

www.ncarhof.com

119 Knob Hill Road, Mooresville - (704) 663-5331

Memory Lane Motorsports & Histoorical Automotive Museum

www.memorylaneautomuseum.com

769 River Highway, Mooresville - (704) 662-3673

Of course, there are also hotels there; though not many (if at all) for $60/night during the race w/ends...

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,775 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Speed week 2010 need help

Stay near the track if you can (Bruton Smith/Speedway Blvd). Many relatively new chain hotels and lots of NASCAR activities in the area. Getting in and out of Concord can be difficult during race week due to the traffic, so the closer the better IMO. I would not recommend to anyone the Sugar Creek area off of the interstate for accomodations.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,321 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Speed week 2010 need help

Really great comic musical - Stonewall Street - downtown...

Heaven on Wheels - Musical about early stock car racing: From 6th May to 29th May Actors Theatre

www.actorstheatrecharlotte.org/heaven.asp

Myrtle Beach, South...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Speed week 2010 need help

i stay downtown at the Marriott city center, it is rt in the middle of all, and if u r going to have some cocktails on Fri & Sat nt downtown is the place to be it is a great street party, with great food and entertaining

7. Re: Speed week 2010 need help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2010, 05:15