We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anniversary Trip

Shelby, North...
1 post
Save Topic
Anniversary Trip

I'm trying to plan a weekend anniversary trip for October 1-3 (maybe the 4th) and I'm looking around the Charlotte area. We live in Shelby and don't want to drive too far since we will both be leaving from work and then returning back after the vacation is over. Basically we are trying to find a quiet, romantic and relaxing place to stay. We don't necessarily care about being too close to shopping but we would like to have some nice places to eat nearby (suggestions on that are welcome as well). I was thinking of staying at a hotel in the Ballantyne area of Charlotte but I'm not set on anything yet. We like the mountains as well and would consider going there as well, though since it will be leaf change season the prices are a bit high. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Charlotte, North...
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anniversary Trip

Hey Jenn!

You might want to try the Ballantyne Hotel. I haven't been there, but it seems really decadent. Are you planning to splurge on your anniversary?

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,845 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anniversary Trip

Head for the mountains....no better time than October. Hendersonville or Asheville would be a good choice depending on size of city you are looking for.

Indian Trail, North...
Destination Expert
for Charlotte, Matthews
Level Contributor
862 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anniversary Trip

Honestly I'm usualy a big advocate for Charlotte but if you have a chance to go to the mountains in October I would defintiely choose that for my anniversary. I know a couple friends have stayed in a B&B in Asheville and loved it, but I'm sure there are cheaper alternatives. For what you would pay to stay at the Ballantyne Resort you could find something very nice in the mountains too...unfortunately I'm not too familiar w/ them b/c I'm more of a beach person, but I know other people on this board are that will help. :)

Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Anniversary Trip

Charlotte is not the place for quiet and romantic - go to the Mountains! I second Hendersonville! You'll get their quicker from Shelby, too. Check out Highland Lake Inn.

Edited: 24 July 2010, 18:41
Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,387 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anniversary Trip

Brevard would be nice in October:

The most romantic place I know in the mountains is Sobotta:

On the other hand, if you like spa experience & golf, Ballantyne Resort might give you a good packagein October (Charlotte)

Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
8,452 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anniversary Trip

I suggest the Blowing Rock area. Beautiful time of year to be here and only 2 hours from Charlotte. Look into Chetola Lodge or Azalea Garden Inn, both in Blowing Rock.

7. Re: Anniversary Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2011, 06:17
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question