We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rock Hill Hotels?

Cleveland
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Topic
Rock Hill Hotels?

We are a family of 4 with two 5yr olds. We are driving from Ohio and stopping in the Charlotte area for a short rest. We are arriving in the afternoon and will get right back on the road by about 2 or 3am that night/morning. Currently we are booked at the Courtyard SouthPark Mall for $121. But we are now looking at the Rock Hill area. It is closer to our final destination (Florida) and we can save a little bit on hotel costs.

Anyway, how is the Rock hill area for a hotel? Most important features are safety and cleanliness.

There is a Comfort Suites for $98 near the Rock Hill Galleria. Other hotels nearby include: Hilton Garden Inn, Townplace Suites, Holiday Inn, Wingate by Wyndham, and Hampton Inn

There are also other hotels north on I77 near Cherry Road, but they seem to be a “lower” class of hotels (Econolodge, Howard Johnson, Days Inn, Super 8, etc.). But there is a Courtyard in that area. We would not be opposed to staying in that area as long as it is safe and clean. Except for the Courtyard, the prices are definitely cheaper than the ones near Rock Hill Galleria (a big plus!)

1) Is the Rock Hill area safe?

2) Should we keep our Southpark reservations?

3) Should we stay near the Cherry Road or the Rock Hill Galleria?

4) Which hotel in Rock Hill would you recommend?

5) Any other things to consider?

Thanks in advance for responses.

Charlotte, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rock Hill Hotels?

I would cancel the Southpark reservations, no need to travel that far off the highway.(and spend that much money) I have not stayed in a hotel in Rock Hill, but have my car serviced routinely at the Honda Dealership on Dave Lyle Blvd. across from the Rock Hill Galleria. Several times while I'm waiting they have given me a car to drive to area shopping or restaurants, it appears to be a very safe area. I feel very safe and would not hesitate to stay in that area. It is a better area, most businesses/hotels/restaurants in that area appear to be newer and look to be well maintained.

As far as Cherry rd. goes, it is an older, more commercial area. I've never really spent any time in that particular part of Rock Hill, so I really don't know details, but am going by how it looks. There is a hotel/motel right off the interstate that I notice when I drive by, (don't remember the name) that looks quite run down; I personally would choose the Galleria area hotels over this area.

Check rates here on TA, and also search Kayak.com I use these hotel search sites when traveling and usually find some great discounted rates.

Have a great, safe trip!

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Rock Hill Hotels?

Go with the area around the Galleria in Rock Hill.

southcarolina
Level Contributor
704 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rock Hill Hotels?

I live in close proximity to the area and I am very familiar with Rock Hill. I too would cancel your reservations in South Park, and stay in Rock Hill. I personally would nix Cherry Rd., and head up to any place off of Dave Lyle and you'll be fine.

There are a few hotels that are in close proximity to Rock Hill Galleria (a rather dismal mall), yet just on the other side of the interstate there's a Hilton which is located within Manchester Village. Manchester Village has all kinds of stores, restaurants, and a movie theater. But since I have never stayed at this hotel it would be best to check the hotel reviews on this site.

Lastly if you need to let your 5 years old run off some steam, there is a park right across the street from Manchester Village called Manchester Meadows

www.cityofrockhill.com/dynSubPageSub.aspx…

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,321 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rock Hill Hotels?

You might also consider Pineville/Charlotte South area. not far from Carolina Place Mall. Call direct & ask for Manager's Special (Holiday Inn Express or

FOUR POINTS BY SHERATON CHARLOTTE PINEVILLE)

Just google: Leitner Dr. Pineville, NC map/search hotels

Much better than Rock Hill, Fort Mill & much cheaper than Southpark.

I would offer $65/night ...

5. Re: Rock Hill Hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 05:16