We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good book on NC?

Which Charlotte hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Good book on NC?

We're looking to relocate to NC in the not-too-distant future, but are finding limited information available at the books stores to help us narrow down our location preference... can anyone suggest a good book with general information about North Carolina that would also include city-specific information?

southcarolina
Level Contributor
704 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good book on NC?

Hi amandapants: I've got to tell you...prior to our move to the Carolina's I gathered most of my information from the internet (which I am very thankful for). My friends back in CA also purchased Fodor's and Frommer guides for us....but so much of that is for travel info and not for relocating.

One website you might want to check out is: carolinaliving.com/heartlands/charlotte.asp

Another suggestion is a wonderful magazine that comes out monthly called: Our State (http://www.ourstate.com/)

Good Luck with your search!

charlotte
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Good book on NC?

I dont have any specific books, but if you have adobe, i can send you some info that I have on my computer. It has tons of information on Charlotte's communties and the surrounding areas. If you are interested, just reply again.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,341 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good book on NC?

You'll get some info from the Insiders Guide line of books. Look up insiders.com. Page down to North Carolina and click on the four geographic areas.