We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Direct Flights FROM Charlotte

Which Charlotte hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Charlotte, North...
4 posts
Save Topic
Direct Flights FROM Charlotte

I'm a Charlotte native looking for somewhere to travel the weekend of Memorial Day (which also happens to be my birthday weekend :) ) .

Does anyone have any recommendations for a fun trip weekend trip (Leave Fri return on Mon)? Preferably a non stop flight from Charlotte to somewhere in Florida, Mexico, or the Caribbean. We've done the usual MB, Charleston, Wilmington, Asheville, and want to take the long weekend to do something more exciting. Suggestions welcome!

Lacey, Washington
Destination Expert
for Charlotte
Level Contributor
630 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Direct Flights FROM Charlotte

Flights are so horribly expensive right now to pretty much anywhere. I travel for work and trying to put a vacation together and am very frustrated. You may have better luck flying out on Saturday, as the Friday fares are crazy (maybe better very late at night). I love the FL/AL Gulf Coast, it's absolutely beautiful there. Perdido Key, Orange Beach, Pensacola Beach, Mobile (stay in Daphne). You could try and see what the fares are like to St. John's or the Keys. Ft. Myers has some beautiful spots (Sanibel Island) or even Jacksonville and head to St. Augustine or down the coast. Again, unfortunately all are really expensive right now. Best of luck!

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,321 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Direct Flights FROM Charlotte

No sales for that w/end on US Airways or Air Tran or DL via ATL..

The only thing - if there are any cancellation - then last minute, & even those are not that likely...

Charlotte, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Direct Flights FROM Charlotte

Probably the best destination for a less expensive flight over Memorial Day weekend would be Orlando, Fl. Just a quick search found $220 roundtrip for your dates. ...And Car rental rates in Orlando are also usually among the cheapest anywhere in the country. Disney World is great for a birthday celebration....it's great anytime, for any age! But WDW admission is expensive...so are the other biggies, Universal and Sea World. Universal and Sea World's prices are better on multi-day passes, but in my opinion, you can see all you want to see in those parks in one day, each. Disney's multi-day passes are more expensive because it would take days/weeks to see it all...plus it's Disney, and IMHO greatly worth the higher price.

Another good thing about Orlando is you can almost always find great hotel deals, many near Disney, even on holidays....except Christmas-New Years. Also if you're not too picky/demanding there are plenty of good, cheap eats there. You can even find a some good deals on food inside Disney.

If the theme parks aren't your thing, you'll still find plenty of great things to do in the area. There are beautiful gardens, museums, parks and wonderful natural attractions such as underground springs throughout the area; also Cocoa Beach is just 1 hour away. Kelly Park Rock Springs is near Orlando is a fun day in a more natural Florida as is Blue Spring State Park....there are many more great natural attractions in the area..just check TA or Google it.

Kennedy Space Center and Canaveral National Seashore are near Cocoa Beach, and great places to go. K.S.C. provides an interesting full day at less than half the price of the big theme parks...just pack a picnic lunch...their food prices are ridiculous! C.N.S. is a great place to kayak and see wildlife.

USA
Level Contributor
29 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Direct Flights FROM Charlotte

I'm from Charlotte and I live in Sarasota now, I love the area, lots of great beaches, tons of stuff to do. I would suggest Siesta Key http://www.simplysiestakey.com/about.htm. You can also find what is going on that weekend at eventful.com (http://eventful.com/sarasota/events?q=*&ga_search=*&ga_type=events&t=2012052500-2012052823&are ssort_order=Popularity). I know you only asked about flights out of Charlotte and you didn't mention budget in your original post but other posters have brought up price so I thought I would mention Allegiant Airlines, you would have to drive to Greensboro or Greenville but they have very cheap flights.

5. Re: Direct Flights FROM Charlotte

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 11:16