We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine and Charlotte

Royal Oak, Michigan
Level Contributor
48 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Wine and Charlotte

I'm traveling to Charlotte in March. I've heard about several wine trails, and I'm trying to explore my options. Ideally we would love to do a bike tour, but I know that may not be an option.

Any thoughts on the best wineries/wine trails? How far out of Charlotte will we need to travel. We want the best experience available!

Thanks for your help!!

Clemmons, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina, Winston Salem
Level Contributor
1,920 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wine and Charlotte

The Yadkin Valley wineries are generally considered the best in NC--roughly 1 to 1 1/2 hours north of Charlotte around the I-77/US 421 corridor. Favorites include Raffaldini, Round Peak, Rag Apple Lassie, West Bend, and Hanover Park, but there are many others. There are some wineries closer to Charlotte, but I'm not familiar with them so I can't give you recommendations.

Here are a couple of links that should help:

http://www.yadkinvalleywineries.com/

http://www.visitncwine.com/

Royal Oak, Michigan
Level Contributor
48 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wine and Charlotte

Thanks so much! I saw the Yadkin wine trail on my initial searchz. Do you know if the wineries will ship home? I don't think there will be enough room in my luggage for all of my wine! ;-)

Clemmons, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina, Winston Salem
Level Contributor
1,920 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wine and Charlotte

Yes, I believe all the ones I've visited will ship, but there may be some restrictions on where and how much they can ship. I've never used the service so I don't know all the details.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,801 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wine and Charlotte

If you go to the Yadkin Valley, do not miss Raffaldini. Enjoy!

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
1,346 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wine and Charlotte

If you are staying in Charlotte, check out The Winstore, in Southpark. They have frequent free tastings and truly the best prices in the state-and they do ship.

Royal Oak, Michigan
Level Contributor
48 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wine and Charlotte

Thanks so much for your helpful hints. They are much appreciated!

7. Re: Wine and Charlotte

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 04:16