We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need your advice: Can u win me over for NC in 4 days?!

Which Charlotte hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
4 posts
Save Topic
Need your advice: Can u win me over for NC in 4 days?!

Hello, I'm visiting Charlotte in 2 weeks and want to make the most of my trip. I'm a young professional considering relocating to Charlotte and have four days to get a good feel of the area and culture. So if you're from the area or visit frequently, tell me why you love NC so much! I'm looking for suggestions on Good Eats, Day attractions, Tours,and Nightlife (please no chain restaurants). Transportation, hotel information, and Important Cautions a plus. Thank you for your help!

Ohio
Level Contributor
50 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need your advice: Can u win me over for NC in 4 days?!

Eats: Prices Fried Chicken (on Camden just a block north of South Blvd-it is Southern Fried Perfection) Mama Lenas or Mama Ricotta's for Italian Southend Brewery for a nice cold Carolina Blonde.

Visit Discovery Place. It'll bring out the kid in you. My favorite Day trips from Charlotte are Chimney Rock and Lake Lure , Old Salem , Waxhaw for the antiques stores. University area has some nice places to stay...Southpark, if you want to spend more money. Are you into NASCAR? You can tour some of the shops (i dont mean stores - these are the shops/garages where they work on the team cars) if you head out towards Concord. Pick up a copy of Creative Loafing for nightlife suggestions. Use the same cautions you would in any unfamiliar city.

Have fun!

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Need your advice: Can u win me over for NC in 4 days?!

Want a feel for the city? Visit neighborhoods in your price range. Go to a sports event ( that's what makes the city tick - that, and banking). Drive over to Freedom Park and walk around ( don't go at night).

Drive our Independence Blvd east...Wilkinson Blvd. west.....Tryon St. north and Providence Rd south - you'll see the diversity of the city.

To eat? Good Indian - Bombay Grille in Pineville. Oldtime Italian - The Open Kitchen......1950s steakhouse - The Ranch House.

Tours? Hmmm...not sure we have enough for someone to make money off a "tour".

Amusement park? Carowinds - full of screaming kids.

Funky and fun area? South End and East Blvd.

If you drive north up Tryon ST, turn onto 35th or 36 th st and go over to NoDa and look at the trendy shops. Someone cool might be appearing at the old Visualite Theater there. Don't walk around in this area alone at night unless people are around - same for uptown.

Museums? Mint Musem of Art and the Museum of the New South uptown.

Want to see a college campus? Go to Central Piedmont Community College near uptown or the UNCC campus.

I don't party much so can't help you with nightlife.

Caveat - Charlotte has some pretty significant crime ( www.crimeincharlotte.com). So just be aware and use your senses. If it looks suspicious, move on.

Best wishes.

Best wishes.

Check out the arts venues in town.

Indiana
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Need your advice: Can u win me over for NC in 4 days?!

Thank you for your wonderful ideas!

Indiana
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need your advice: Can u win me over for NC in 4 days?!

Thank you for your wonderful ideas!

5. Re: Need your advice: Can u win me over for NC in 4 days?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 17:21