We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for good priced & good value restaurants

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
37 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for good priced & good value restaurants

I am planning to leave on my vacation in a few days, and know which "nice" places we will be eating at. What I am looking for is places that are not special occasion type places, but are dining places that are great at providing good food at reasonable prices. Looking to experience more "local" places. Open to pretty much any type of cuisine, with preference given to Southern cooking.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,387 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for good priced & good value restaurants

Probably Dish, possibly Mac's, check others....

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g49022-d39…

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g49022-d82…

==

It would help to know in which area you would be staying....if you would have a car, & your budget/meal...

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g49022-d82…

I have never been to this one... read the reviews...

Edited: 19 July 2013, 15:17
North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,816 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for good priced & good value restaurants

Price's Chicken Coop is an institution (take out and cash only). Ri Ra's (Irish Pub) is always a fun spot....great beer and good Irish fare.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
37 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for good priced & good value restaurants

To update with some more information. I will have a car and will be staying just north of Charlotte. We will be driving around so dining doesn't have to be limited to certain area of Charlotte.

Charlotte, North...
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for good priced & good value restaurants

Bad Daddy's at Birkdale Village in Huntersville. All of my out of town guests now request it each visit. Also, this Birkdale Village shopping center has a movie theater, boutiques and shops, ice cream stores, bars, etc. Exit 25 off of 77.

There is also the original Bad Daddy's near Freedom Park in Dilworth which is a neat little part of town right outside of the city.

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,044 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for good priced & good value restaurants

Here's an interactive map to the barbeque trail:

www.ncbbqsociety.com/bbqmap/trail_map.html

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
8,054 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for good priced & good value restaurants

We always enjoy Harpers, across from Southpark Mall.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for good priced & good value restaurants

Places that locals (that I know) love include - Lupies, Pinkeys, Zada Janes, Lang Vans, and the restaurants that are in the Metropolitan complex (near uptown). Or you could try a Charlotte food tour - http://feastfoodtours.com/

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for good priced & good value restaurants

Ohh and I forgot Cabo Fish Taco in NoDa. Lots of fun breweries around as well as the ever popular Amelies. Or I've recently become a fan of VBGB in the NC Music Factory - lots of local beers and a fun place to play corn hole, board games, hang out and people watch.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for good priced & good value restaurants

Mert's Heart and Soul in Uptown. I could dine on their cornbread....

Charlotte
Level Contributor
10 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for good priced & good value restaurants

July 19-28 is "Restaurant Week" in Charlotte where folks can enjoy fine dining with 3 course meals for $30. We always participate-- great way to enjoy high end dining within a budget. Try "Blue" in uptown.

On a totally different note.... one of my favorite "dives" is Johns Country Kitchen on Central Ave. Very inexpensive, total diner feeling. Only open for breakfast, closes in the mid afternoon. Then explore the funky Central Ave area (next to Dish, Commonmarket, Nova's Bakery.)

Our other all time favorite is "The Landmark," practically our kitchen. Huge portions, fair price.

Lang Van has the best Viet. food around (off Eastway and Shamrock) and El Pulgarcito provides an array of authentic Honduran, Mexican, El Salvadoran fare (off Central Ave.)