We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation Home Rental Problems - Charlotte/Fort Mill Area

Bowie, Maryland
Level Contributor
9 posts
139 reviews
Save Topic
Vacation Home Rental Problems - Charlotte/Fort Mill Area

Anyone else have a problem with a confirmed vacation vacation home rental being cancelled?

We made the reservation using “Airbnb” for this Away@home comfort 20 min to CLT. 204 Jackson St Fort Mill, SC 29715 Person renting Michelle, Away_athome@yahoo.com

7/14 Received email from owner

Hi, The different properties I have are single family homes in the same neighborhood - all of which are not currently available - so if you booked this house your accommodation's would NOT be changed. Let me know if you have any other questions.

7/23 received confirmation for reservation for Sept 20 - Sept 22

8/22 received notice that the owner cancelled our confirmed reservation.

Mentioned in this post
Douglas Airport
Douglas Airport
Charlotte, NC
Fort Mill
Fort Mill
South Carolina
southcarolina
Level Contributor
704 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation Home Rental Problems - Charlotte/Fort Mill Area

Have you tried contacting the owner of the home you were trying to rent, or someone from the website you were renting through?

I am a little confused by your question. If you look at the comments on airbnb.com under the owners reviews it appears that you cancelled?

"The reservation was canceled 28 days before arrival. This is an automated posting"

It also appears that others have been happy with the rental?

Bowie, Maryland
Level Contributor
9 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation Home Rental Problems - Charlotte/Fort Mill Area

It was the owner that cancelled the reservation. She didn't bother to contact me, it was done by the WEBSITE AIRBNB.

From AIRBNB

SUBJUCT:URGENT: Your reservation (9HRSEA) has been canceled by the host

We've been informed that your accommodation starting on Fri, September 20, 2013 (reservation 9HRSEA) is no longer available. You should know that hosts are penalized for canceling reservations and removed from our site if they do so frequently.

After receiving this message, I looked at the availability of this rental. Appeared the owner cleared out some short term reservations and did a longer term rental.

Level Contributor
1,140 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vacation Home Rental Problems - Charlotte/Fort Mill Area

Complain to air bnb. They are responsive and will help you find another rental. Once on way to NYC, owner canceled our rental while we were en route. Air bnb was great called me, found us another rental before we got there. The way air bnb works, owners can pretty much cancel whenever, one of the risks you take booking thru them. but it only happened to us once, many other great experiences using air bnb.

Mentioned in this post
4. Re: Vacation Home Rental Problems - Charlotte/Fort Mill Area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2014, 05:20