We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need suggestions for Christmas Shopping in Charlotte

North Carolina
Level Contributor
95 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Need suggestions for Christmas Shopping in Charlotte

My friend and I will be visiting Charlotte and going to the Southern Christmas Show. We want to spend the night in a hotel that is close to a mall we could visit on Day 2. I know there are lots of malls and shopping areas but which is maybe a little more unique? We would rather be somewhere that is a little out of the ordinary with nice restaurant choices for lunch.

Thanks you for the help!

Mentioned in this post
Charlotte
Charlotte
North Carolina
Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need suggestions for Christmas Shopping in Charlotte

South Park is, far and away, the biggest and nicest shopping area with the best mall plus several satellite shopping centers within walking distance. Plenty of accomodations and nice restaurants as well.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
8,688 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need suggestions for Christmas Shopping in Charlotte

The Hampton Inn at Phillips Place is where you want to be. There is shopping in PP, restaurants, and 1.5 block away is Southpark Mall and ALOT of great shopping and more dining.

Mentioned in this post
Phillips Place
Phillips Place
14 Reviews
Charlotte, NC
NC
Level Contributor
1,317 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need suggestions for Christmas Shopping in Charlotte

If you don't mind a short drive north, Concord Mills is a nice day trip of shopping. They have hotels and a good selection of restaurants all right there at the mall. My mom & I make a day trip every December down to Concord for a day of shopping.

Mentioned in this post
Concord
Concord
North Carolina
Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Charlotte
Level Contributor
660 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need suggestions for Christmas Shopping in Charlotte

South Park Mall is very high end and honestly isn't my favorite. The parking is tough to navigate and it's very crowded (as everything will be this time of year). Your comments indicated you were looking for unique. Main Streets can be a bit unique and we still do have a few. There is one in Fort Mill, SC and another very small one in Pineville, NC. Others on this forum can fill you in on others. This is a great way to support local independent businesses as well.

Mentioned in this post
Fort Mill
Fort Mill
South Carolina
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
28 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need suggestions for Christmas Shopping in Charlotte

To piggyback off the above post--the "main street" center in Fort Mill is called Baxter. If you're into smaller, independent shops, you'll probably enjoy it. I know they have a women's boutique there called Page 6 which is very well-liked in the area.

For malls--South Park is the largest and most upscale. If you want a smaller scale shopping experience, check out Northlake Mall or Carolina Place (in Pineville). Another overlooked mall in the area is Rock Hill Galleria, whose Belk was recently renovated.

Concord Mills is basically an indoor outlet mall, although it's worth a visit. If you don't mind traveling a bit on I-85 south, Gaffney Outlets is another solid choice.

Mentioned in this post
Fort Mill
Fort Mill
South Carolina
Northlake Mall
Northlake Mall
53 Reviews
Charlotte, NC
Rock Hill
Rock Hill
South Carolina
Concord
Concord
North Carolina
6. Re: Need suggestions for Christmas Shopping in Charlotte

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2015, 05:16