We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mariott Southpark or Renaissance?

franklin park,nj
Level Contributor
27 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Mariott Southpark or Renaissance?

Hi

I am going to Charlotte next weekend. We were going to stay at the Hampton Inn but the Mariott and the Renaissance are both significantly cheaper. DOes anyone have an opinion about either of these hotels? Thanks in advance Adrienne

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
1,336 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mariott Southpark or Renaissance?

I am surprised they are that much cheaper. They are both very nice and, while I have not stayed at the Marriott in quite some time, it ued to be the gold standard in Charlotte. I am currenly booke at the Renaissance in a couple of weeks so I will see how that goes, but it came well recommended. I think the Hampton is newer and some might prefer the Phillips Place location over the mall

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,678 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mariott Southpark or Renaissance?

I agree. Prefer the Phillips Place area.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,321 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mariott Southpark or Renaissance?

If you like to bid on Priceline (or Hotwire), you might get a really low price now --- nothing going on the next weekend, check: biddingtraveler.com/priceline-winning-bids-h…

Both - Renaissance & Hampton accept bids; though the lowest always seems to be Double Tree..

If you really want to stay @ Hampton Inn, then call the manager & ask if they "match" the price of the other 2. or better still, :beat the price.

Charlotte
Level Contributor
650 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mariott Southpark or Renaissance?

That's a great idea. If you decide the Hampton Inn is the better choice for you, by all means give the manager a chance to match the lower rates. Just be honest that you're on the fence about where to stay.

If he/she has rooms available, I'd think he'd work with you.

5. Re: Mariott Southpark or Renaissance?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2015, 06:23