We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Relocating to Charlotte!

DEJB1973
3 posts
Save Topic
Help! Relocating to Charlotte!

I hope that you are able to help me as I know nothing about Charlotte! My husband has to relocate due to his job, so we will be moving to Charlotte from Ohio. Luckily, I don't have to worry about schools as our daughter will be entering into her freshman year of college. I have never been to Charlotte however my husband has been there once for a week. We are looking to move into an apartment to make sure that we get a "lay of the land" before buying a house. We do have 4 cats so that is our only "major restraint".

My husband would like to live near the transportation system and I would too, as I can n longer drive due to my Epilepsy. I would love to be able to live somewhat near a grocery store (within walking distance) but that is not a make or break deal.

What IS the most important thing is being in a SAFE area/neighborhood and that our rent is not too high as we are paying for college tuition along with my awful Doctor bills. :(

(We are also excited about the prospect of new epileptologists/neurologists in Charlotte!)

Thank you so much for your help and knowledge!!

Greensboro, NC
Level Contributor
974 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! Relocating to Charlotte!

Since this is a Travel Forum, I suggest you contact a reputable real estate agent who can give you better answers that pertain to moving. Good luck!

US
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! Relocating to Charlotte!

Here is a good site to post your questions:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/charlotte/

Good luck with your move. Welcome to North Carolina!

3. Re: Help! Relocating to Charlotte!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2015, 06:27