We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best dinner restaurant in Pineville/Ballentyne area? $$

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
202 reviews
Save Topic
Best dinner restaurant in Pineville/Ballentyne area? $$

I will be in the Pineville/Ballentyne area next week. What is the best local/non chain restaurant to try for dinner? Budget is $15-$30 per person. Thanks!

Indian Trail, North...
Destination Expert
for Charlotte, Matthews
Level Contributor
857 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best dinner restaurant in Pineville/Ballentyne area? $$

There is a new restaurant in the Blakeney shopping center in the Ballantyne area - Bravo. I haven't been personally but have had friends to go and they said it was great. The decor itself is gorgeous, and on a Saturday night they had a line out the door. Might be worth checking out. It's italian.

Indian Trail, North...
Destination Expert
for Charlotte, Matthews
Level Contributor
857 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best dinner restaurant in Pineville/Ballentyne area? $$

Well just noticed that was a chain. Still looked good though! 131 Main is in the same area and is a favorite among many and a little more upscale. Also Firebirds is very nice!

Charlotte
Level Contributor
671 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best dinner restaurant in Pineville/Ballentyne area? $$

I like both Firebirds and 131 Main. Both feel like large, corporate restaurants (and both have other locations), but they do it well and I've not had a bad meal at either. Actually, I've had great lunches at both and a surprisingly good dinner at 131. They can get somewhat pricey though.

NC
Level Contributor
480 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best dinner restaurant in Pineville/Ballentyne area? $$

Need to know what type of food you like...and don't like. There are hundreds of choices. I tend to like the ethnic restaurants - but not everyone does. My current favorite is Sky Asian Bistro - best sushi chef in town and nice atmosphere. It's in Pineville.

Edited: 14 May 2014, 11:04
Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,387 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best dinner restaurant in Pineville/Ballentyne area? $$

I agree with CatawbaCarl... what type of food you like...and don't like.. Also, the price range - a bit too wide?

The cheapest - but good food: Cosmos Cafe: https:/…4b5284a6f964a520c38027e3

The most expensive we like: Blackthorn - especially eating up on the roof - live music, etc.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g49022-d26…

The ethnic restaurants we like:

Miro - Spanish tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g49022-d39… Good food - small portions, $30..

Villa Antonio - Italian; tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g49022-d38…

also http://www.bucadibeppo.com/

Waldhorn - German

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g49022-d34…

===

I am not sure if you are still in Charlotte. If not, which one did you pick?

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best dinner restaurant in Pineville/Ballentyne area? $$

I am leaving for Charlotte/Pineville tomorrow. Will be there through Thursday. Thanks everyone, these are some great suggestions. Just don't want to eat at another Chilis or Outback if you know what I mean.

Lady Lake, Florida
Level Contributor
24 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best dinner restaurant in Pineville/Ballentyne area? $$

I second Waldhorn. It's delicious and has a great staff!

Lacey, Washington
Destination Expert
for Charlotte
Level Contributor
658 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best dinner restaurant in Pineville/Ballentyne area? $$

Best wishes for a good trip! There are a lot of restaurant options in Ballantyne Village area (off Johnston and John J Delaney). Blakenely has a ton too, but that area is generally crawling with kids. Is a little bit of a turn off, but has a lot of choices. Where 131 Main is located is a little less crazy. The Stonecrest area has some great options too. We loved Bombay Grille off Pineville Matthews if you like Indian food.

9. Re: Best dinner restaurant in Pineville/Ballentyne area? $$

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2015, 07:16