We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

road from Cherokee to Dillsboro...what's it like?

Shawville, QC...
Level Contributor
98 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
road from Cherokee to Dillsboro...what's it like?

Hi Folks,

We are going to Cherokee, in the Fall, and would like to go to Dillsboro as well for the day. When I googled the directions, it says it takes 23 minutes to do 14 miles...is the road very steep, or not in good condition (I can't believe that would be the case, your roads are SOOO good, compared to here in Canada), can anyone advise me as to what it's like?

Atlanta
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: road from Cherokee to Dillsboro...what's it like?

the road from Cherokee to Dillsboro is mostly 4 lane highway with some stop lights....most of the time is actually spent getting out of Cherokee (depending on where you are staying) since the speed limits can be minimal....very easy drive...nice quaint little town...gl and enjoy

Shawville, QC...
Level Contributor
98 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: road from Cherokee to Dillsboro...what's it like?

Thanks very much for the info, feeling much better now...have visited the Smokies on several occasions, and know how steep some of the roads can be, so we were a bit concerned!

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,449 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: road from Cherokee to Dillsboro...what's it like?

Dillsboro to Cherokee is an easy drive on 441. It is 4 lane roads that follow the mountains so there are some curves and one section is steep but nothing to worry about. You will see RV's and semi trucks on this section having no problems. The general condition of the road is good. I will drive it next week.

John

4. Re: road from Cherokee to Dillsboro...what's it like?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2010, 06:25