We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any place to stay that is walkable to restaurants?

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
373 posts
14 reviews
Any place to stay that is walkable to restaurants?

Thinking of staying in Corolla but one of my husbands must haves are restaurants that are walkable from where we vacation. We like the Hampton but there are no restaurants nearby. It’s only us this trip so we only need a 1 bedroom condo at best. Will we be able to find somewhere to stay while in Corolla or would Kitty Hawk be a better place to stay? This is our first trip the Outer Banks for many years so I’m a bit overwhelmed.

Thanks

7 replies to this topic
Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
9,734 posts
39 reviews
1. Re: Any place to stay that is walkable to restaurants?

I’m sure others can advise but you might like Duck. The Sanderling is a nice resort there.

Edited: 22 October 2017, 03:44
Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
11,549 posts
153 reviews
2. Re: Any place to stay that is walkable to restaurants?

The first two answers in your other thread are helpful.

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,086 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Any place to stay that is walkable to restaurants?

I just got back from Kitty Hawk. We stayed near milepost 4.5 and were able to walk to all the things people like to walk to: shops, restaurants and coffee.

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
136 reviews
4. Re: Any place to stay that is walkable to restaurants?

There will be many places to rent where you can walk to a place or two or three, but there are very few places where you will park and not use the car for days as you walk to everyplace you want to go to. In Corolla you could be near a few places and far away from others. Some for Kitty Hawk, Nags Head , etc. I think Nags Head would have to most places near by unless you picked very well in Duck or near the 2 shopping center areas in Corolla. I would tell hubby the car will need to be used -- or take a cab.

Level Contributor
38 posts
5. Re: Any place to stay that is walkable to restaurants?

Hope you did well last season. I am fairly confident you would have liked colony by the sea condominiums as they're a 5 minute walk to sunset grill, the blue point, coastal cravings. Its a 15 minute walk to Duck boardwalk, pizzaz pizza, donuts and ice cream!

Adrian, Michigan
Level Contributor
526 posts
69 reviews
6. Re: Any place to stay that is walkable to restaurants?

Most places in OBX are pretty spread out . There are some concentrations of restaurants and lodging in Duck and Manteo also . If you are in a carless mood I think Manteo would be your best bet . Just no beach . The MP 4.5 area in Kittyy Hawk does have much available . However , the road is busy and crossing it can get dangerous in heavy traffic . Personally I'm like your husband and like to avoid the car when possible . Are bicycles an option for you ? We love to bike to restaurants and bars . Lots of fun and a little exercise never hurt anyone . just avoid the busy roads , stay on the bike paths . Bikes open up many options .

Virginia
Level Contributor
267 posts
943 reviews
7. Re: Any place to stay that is walkable to restaurants?

Hi - If you stay at the Corolla Light Resort, there are several restaurants within walking distance depending where you stay. The Inn at Corolla Light has sound front rooms if you are only looking for a one-room place. If you stay here, you have the option of taking the Corolla Light Resort to the restaurant area which includes The Oceanfront Grille, Fatcrabs Rib Company & Seafood Shack, Uncle Ike's Sandbar & Grill, Cosmo's Pizza, Corolla Village Barbecue and Corolla Cantina.

Reply to: Any place to stay that is walkable to restaurants?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted