We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outer Banks in November

Which Corolla hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
charlottesville, va
1 post
Save Topic
Outer Banks in November

I'm looking at taking my wife away on a little romantic trip for her birthday in late November. She grew up on the beach in California, and we really haven't been to the beach yet on the East Coast (except briefly to Cape May when it was 10 degrees in January). Of course, November isn't really peak season, I know, but is this a reasonable time to go to the Outer Banks? I'm not looking for a party atmosphere (we're in our mid/late 30's, no kids), but would like to be able to walk on the beach during the day, and find places to go at night for dinner and maybe to hear some music. We like Hampton Inns a lot, and there's one in Corolla, so, I thought this might be a good place to go. So, here's what I'd like to know: is the weather going to be warm enough to go out on the beach to walk around? Will there be enough open around Corolla to get out at night? If not, is there a better city to go to? Thanks!

Ashburn, VA
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
403 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Outer Banks in November

The Hampton Inn in Corolla is very nice I hear. I haven't stayed in it because we always stay in a house, but I hear great things. It is set off by itself so you can't walk to anything else from that location, but there are plenty of restaurants and shopping within a 5 minute drive. Most of the places in this area won't close until Thanksgiving weekend too.

In Corolla there's also the Corolla Inn, a very nice place located on the sound.

In Duck, there's The Sanderling. Very nice, but pricey.

There's also a Hilton Garden Inn in Kitty Hawk. I hear great things about it as well and it's less than 2 years old. It is also located closer to the more built up area of Nags Head which means more restaurant choices, bars, etc.

The weather will be warm enough for walking on the beach.

Stewartsville, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Outer Banks in November

November is a delightful time on the Outer Banks. It can be in the 70s, 60s or the low 50s -- you take what you get!

There is more "night life" down in Kitty Hawk & Nags Head vs Corolla and Duck. But there are many restaurants still open up and down the beach.

Onley, Va
Level Contributor
492 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Outer Banks in November

We went last year end of October - beginning of November. Most days it was very nice to walk along beach, evenings were a little chilly - just a light jacket was needed. We found plenty of places for dinner that were very pleasant. For Corolla you will definatly need to drive to get most anywhere - but the drive that time of year is also much more pleasant than in full summer!!

4. Re: Outer Banks in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 08:20
Get answers to your questions about Corolla
Recent Conversations