We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seaside Manor Corolla from Sunrealty

Medford
4 posts
Save Topic
Seaside Manor Corolla from Sunrealty

My family and I are renting the Seaside Manor house from Sun Realty 8/28-9/4. I don't see any reviews on either the realtor or the home. Does anybody have any input? or some ideas for family fun in corrolla?

Thanks

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,468 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seaside Manor Corolla from Sunrealty

Go to the North Carolina forum and type in the word search box atop the posts the words sun realty. You'll get a few pages I think. The reason you're not seeing much is comments are posted all over ... in the forums for

Duck, Outer Banks, Nags Head among others. NC will cover them all.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
73 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seaside Manor Corolla from Sunrealty

We did a partial week at a condo thru Sun and I was shocked to find out that we were responsible for doing the housekeeping before check out. You can purchase house keeping, which was such a surprise to me because we always rent thru Twiddy and never even thought that would be something we would ever have to ask.

Medford
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Seaside Manor Corolla from Sunrealty

Thanks, it's good to know.

Ashburn, VA
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
410 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Seaside Manor Corolla from Sunrealty

From this house you can bike or even walk to the Corolla Light shopping center. There are some restaurants there and shops. You are also right near the lighthouse, the historic Whalehead Club and the nature center.

A mile or so to the south there is more shopping, the grocery store, restaurants and a movie theater. You are also near mini golf too.

I believe the house is on the third street back, so it may help to have a cart if you are totaing a lot of gear. That stretch of beach is very nice and wide.

Medford
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Seaside Manor Corolla from Sunrealty

Thanks any restaurants you would recommend?

Kill Devil Hills...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Seaside Manor Corolla from Sunrealty

OBXLuvr - Sun does not require anything more than the other rental companies do. Get your facts right. All rental companies ask you to do light housekeeping before you check out. Even Twiddy this is from Twiddy's website...

Remove all food from the refrigerator and leave the temperature setting at medium. Place all trash in exterior cans. Load and start the dishwashers. Close and lock all windows and doors. Set thermostat to 75 degrees for AC or 55 degrees for heat. Clean the grill with the brush provided. Tidy up outside including the decks, yard and pool area, if applicable. Return keys and completed forms to your check-in office. If you depart before our offices open, please leave keys and forms in the After-Hours Exchange Box. Guests departing keyless entry homes do not need to come to our office for check-out, but entry codes will expire at 10:00 am

This is from Brindley Beach's website

Checking Out

Check-out time is 10:00am. Prior to checking out, please follow the check list below to ensure that the next guest will be able to check in on time:

* Notify Brindley Beach Vacations of any Damage.

* Place all trash in the outside receptacles and leave receptacles by the road for trash pick up.

* Straighten and return all furniture to its original configuration.

* Remove debris and straighten pool area and all decks.

* Leave all linens and towels in the home and all beds unmade.

* Clean and put away all dishes including those in the dishwasher.

* Clean all food out of the refrigerator.

* Leave the refrigerator and freezer settings on medium.

* Please turn off all small appliances such as coffee pot, etc.

* Turn off all inside and outside lights.

* Make sure all doors and windows are locked and secure.

* Return hard keys to our office by 10:00am, key cards may be left on the kitchen counter.

* If your home requires extra cleaning because you left it in poor condition, you may be charged an additional cleaning fee.

Edited: 26 August 2010, 20:02
Duck, North Carolina
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seaside Manor Corolla from Sunrealty

I checked Sun's website and there are reviews on the lower left hand side of the property details pages for the home you are staying in.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
73 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seaside Manor Corolla from Sunrealty

Thank you for the in-box message obxswimmer, I tried to reply but you wouldn't accept. I do have my facts straight about the housekeeping with where we stayed with sun. I have no problems with the required housekeeping, we do it every year. But we were given a brochure that told us we had to vacuum before we left, among other things, and also to sweep and make sure the broom is left clean. With Twiddy I never was responsible for vacuuming. And we always leave our house clean. Next time you would like to question my facts with a personal message, then you should accept a reply. Again, I have my facts completely straight. Thanks for your concern.

maryland
Level Contributor
4,855 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Seaside Manor Corolla from Sunrealty

Never had to vacuum with Sun Reality. Maybe I did, but didn't know I had to. Nonetheless, i didn't and nothing happened. Only rented with them once though.

Kill Devil Hills...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Seaside Manor Corolla from Sunrealty

No such brochure exists for vacation rental homes. I checked with Sun Realty myself through a personal phone call.

Edited: 06 September 2010, 15:15