We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Corolla Traffic

South Plainfield...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Corolla Traffic

We will be traveling from New Jersey to Corolla on Saturday, June 2, 2012 and we have a 1 year old. Just wondering what kind of traffic we will be hitting in the area. We plan on leaving New Jersey around 2-3 a.m.

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Corolla Traffic

Traffic is not that bad yet. There is some construction (road paving) being done south of Grandy NC but I am hoping it is done by then. You should not see really bad traffic until later in June. 2-3am is a bit of over kill in my opinion, but be sure to have a plan for something to do when you get here with all that time to kill.

South Plainfield...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Corolla Traffic

My daughter has an 11 month old baby and they thought they would leave so he could sleep most of the way. We cannot check in until 4 p.m. Do you have any suggestions for a place for lunch or a nice park they could go to.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,503 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Corolla Traffic

Have they asked if there's a policy where they could pay $100 extra for early checkin?

Some rental companies will, say, give the community wristband or whatever and you can use the community facilities, beach. Don't know where one parks then.

It might not be too busy at a public beach access for parking at that time.

Others will have ideas I'm sure on your other questions.

richmond
Level Contributor
926 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Corolla Traffic

Stop at Harris Teeter and pick up lunch and drinks and head to the Whalehead Club. Spread a blanket and have a picnic. Timbuk 2 shopping area has a great restaurant called Baja Bean. Cosmos pizza in Corolla Light Town Center. Browse the restaurants on TA if none of these are to your liking. Have a great trip!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
287 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Corolla Traffic

I agree with the others- you could run around at the whale head club or browse shops at Timbuck II. Where are you staying? Pine Island, Corolla Light, etc have pool areas where guests can stay and relax until the house is ready. I remember people doing that when I worked in that area.

South Plainfield...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Corolla Traffic

We are staying in Corolla and they do have a pool area. A couple of people recommended the whale had club so maybe we will try there. Is this a restaurant? The place we are staying does have a community pool so we can also try that. Thanks for your help.

Murrysville, PA
Level Contributor
313 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Corolla Traffic

The Whalehead Club is not a restaurant, but the Corolla Village BBQ is adjacent to the grounds of the Club. A beautiful spot for sure and a great place to enjoy a picnic.

MD
Level Contributor
789 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Corolla Traffic

I agree with both the Whalehead Club and Tim Buck II as suggestions. Tim Buck II may be better as there are some easy food choices built-in among the shops. One more possibility is to grab lunch at Duck Deli on the way up (right next to the roadside) and either eat there or take it up to the Corolla public beach access which is only 10 minutes north of there just as you're entering Duck. You could enjoy some time on the beach while you wait from there.

9. Re: Corolla Traffic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 10:40