We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Twiddy realty duck North Carolina August 2012

Which Corolla hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Monroe newj jersey
1 post
Save Topic
Twiddy realty duck North Carolina August 2012

It is unfortunate but I am compelled to write to advise future renters/owners of the poor customer service exhibited by Twiddy. My family and I arrived in Duck on saturday August 25, 2012 after traveling from New Jersey. Upon check-in at Twiddy we were told that we would have to wait to check in as there was a spill in the basement and there were fans in the basement drying it up. Upon our entering the house, we encountered a severe musty smell, a basement with carpet ripped up and dehumidifiers throughout the basement and a temperature over 85 degrees. No one from Twiddy met us at the house to discuss these issues and how we would be compensated. We were unable to use the basement for two days. We are a family of 8 adults and 6 children. The basement bedrooms were unable to be used. Adults had to sleep on couches throughout the house. Additionally the cleaning crew did a substandard job. The carpets were stained, the dishwasher was not unloaded and bathrooms had some mildewed tlles. We did report the carpet stains to Twiddy whose carpet subcontractor advised us that we would have to be out of the house for 4 hours. Due to the ages of our children we were unable to do that.

We also discussed this matter with manager laurie nichols who said she would get back to us. We subsequently left her several messages and voicemails to which she has not responded.

While we certainly understand acts of nature happen, we would expect the realtor to act in a compassionate and professional way. We have rented in the outer banks for years (this is our first time with Twiddy , and have never experienced such unprofessional ism.

I sincerely hope the owners of this property, 180 ocean way Sea pines, read this review so they know what kind of substandard service Twiddy gives their renters.

Sincerely

Joe verderami and family.

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Twiddy realty duck North Carolina August 2012

You lost your credibility when you posted the same post 3 times with 2 different names.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Twiddy realty duck North Carolina August 2012

I doubt if we'll here from Joe(Nate) again. All 3 posts reported as spam.

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Twiddy realty duck North Carolina August 2012

I liked the part about no one from the rental company met them at the house to discuss their compensation, that made me laugh. I guess going to the office, less than a mile away, was out of the question.

4. Re: Twiddy realty duck North Carolina August 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 13:45
5. Re: Twiddy realty duck North Carolina August 2012

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

6. Re: Twiddy realty duck North Carolina August 2012

El Paso, Texas
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Twiddy realty duck North Carolina August 2012

We too unfortunately rented a big, nice house not far from the beach from the massive Twiddy Realty for a summer week 2012. It looked great from the pictures but little did we know. Our house also had significant health and cleanliness issues that we attempted to resolve by involving Ross Twiddy, Dir of Marketing and Lorrie Nichols, Head of Complaints. We called probably twenty times to get things fixed and cleaned. We had odd workers showing up unannounced all hours of the day and night, walking in and around the house like we weren't there. We are a nice family just trying to have a vacation in peace but had to abandon the house in the middle of the week--it was that bad. Use a small, reliable real estate company when looking to rent a place on the OuterBanks.

El Paso, Texas
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Twiddy realty duck North Carolina August 2012

If someone has 1100 post to TripAdvisor like you do, I suspect you are Twiddy, out to rehabilitate your image by attacting other legitimate posters. That is not the purpose of this site. Joe is real and got burned by Twiddy. Twiddy needs to spend its time working on customer service and not on the computer. We rented from Twiddy this summer a 5 bdrm/5ba house north of Corolla so we know.

nc
Level Contributor
479 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Twiddy realty duck North Carolina August 2012

@BeFairNow: OBX200 does not work for Twiddy. We both work for competing real estate companies. And your continued posting of the same story under different screen names is becoming tiring.

Midlothian, Virginia
9 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Twiddy realty duck North Carolina August 2012

BeFairNow -- how do you know that "Joe is real"? Or are you Joe?

Get answers to your questions about Corolla
Recent Conversations