We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Options for hotel/house/condo for a couple

Which Corolla hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
Level Contributor
385 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Options for hotel/house/condo for a couple

We're thinking of making our first ever trip to Corolla mid-October, for a 3 night stay, probably a Wed-Sat. I looked at the Hampton Inn for our dates and the price is over $200 a night - yikes! We're interested in staying beach front, but don't need anything fancy. I'm having trouble finding options for two people who want to stay for less than one week.

I'd be really grateful for any advice!!

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Options for hotel/house/condo for a couple

Look farther south to Kill Devil Hills or Nags Head. Your options for a hotel in Corolla are very limited as you may have figured out. That time of year it's all very quiet and nice with lots more to do in Nags Head. Do a motel search in zip codes 27949 and 27959 and you will find dozens.

Virginia
Level Contributor
385 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Options for hotel/house/condo for a couple

Thanks for the reply! I guess it wasn't just a fluke that it seemed hard to find a place to stay.... We are driving from VA, and I was hoping to find something a relatively shorter drive away. I will look into those other locations. We would want a place that we can stay oceanfront. We like wildlife and don't need nightlife or many activities nearby. We'd probably walk on the beach, look at the beach from our balcony, and hang around watching movies in our room. If the water is warm enough, my husband would go out for swimming exercise. If you have any specific suggestions of where to stay, that would be great!

Amissville, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,398 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Options for hotel/house/condo for a couple

Corolla is actually farther then Kill devils hill since you cross the bridge and enter tho Outer banks at Kitty Hawk . Nags Head is just a few miles south there are lots of Hotel along the Beach Road that would work for you . October is a lower rate time so I am sure you can find something for less then $200. My favorite in that area is Surf Side or Islander hotel both have Ocean front rooms as well as ocean view that are a little less

Do a search here at Trip adviser for hotel on the Outer Banks I'm sure you will find something you will like

Virginia
Level Contributor
385 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Options for hotel/house/condo for a couple

Thank you for the help - I'll look into all that!

Carlisle...
Level Contributor
18 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Options for hotel/house/condo for a couple

We're heading down to Nags Head in 2 weeks and are renting through Vacation Rentals by Owner (www.vrbo.com). This is our first time using it, but so far so good. We are renting 1 of the Sea Spray Cottages (http://seaspraycottagesobx.com/). We're staying for a week and it's only $600. Just thought I'd give you another venue to search for your rental.

6. Re: Options for hotel/house/condo for a couple

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2013, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Corolla
Recent Conversations