We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Corolla Light vs Currituck Club

Which Corolla hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hickory, North...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Corolla Light vs Currituck Club

We are making our first trip to OBX this July. Bringing 4 teenage girls from age 13 -19 and 3 grandparents in their 70's. The girls want to be near the beach but also want a pool and access to VB. I was planning to use Village Realty and have a hold on a house in Corolla Light that is within 500 yrds of beach and near VB court (Payne Free). This house meets many of our needs but my concern is that the main living areas are all on the 3rd floor and I am worried about the G-parents getting tired of the stairs. The location of the house is good for the kids though. I am also looking at a couple of properties in CC that would be further from the beach but have a pool and may be a better lay out .... and look really nice. I read that they have a VB court near the fitness center in CC (although I can't find any pictures) We will be seeing the sights during our week and not just doing the beach thing. Personally I am interested in finding the nicest and most comfortable house with a nice view. Trying to keep everyone happy! Opinions on these 2 communities?

Edited: 20 February 2013, 06:19
richmond
Level Contributor
904 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Corolla Light vs Currituck Club

I would stay in Corolla Light. More things to do. You can walk to the Corolla Light town center with shops and restaurants. What about a house with an elevator? Go to Corollalightresort.com and you can get a better feel for they amenities. Lots of OBX houses are upside down to take advantage of the views.

nc
Level Contributor
479 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Corolla Light vs Currituck Club

To me Corolla Light seems much closer to the beach than the Currituck Club. From that house it is an easy walk, but in the Currituck Club you really need to wait for the trolley, and it can get pretty crowded in the height of summer.

I once lived in a "reverse floor plan" house, and in my experience it was just carrying groceries in that was inconvenient. Unless you are coming and going all day, it's still just one staircase between the living area and bedrooms, just like most normal houses.

I actually work at Village Realty, and we have many homes in both communities, so this is just my opinion. If I can help you in any way please feel free to PM me.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,348 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Corolla Light vs Currituck Club

Regarding your grandparents, do you need to consider distance walking as well? Remember 300' is a football field so you can visualize it.

About the typical reverse floor plan...you usually need that height for the view as was said, and, even if you're ocean front, to see over the dunes and brush.

Higher living spaces can be necessary too because of storms and water on the ground. That's why you'll see homes on stilts.

We've always had a house with at least one bedroom on the living space floor. And at least one bathroom. It's sort of like a ranch style house on that top floor. So if your grandparents had an upper level bedroom or two that would save walking up and down to their bedroom, to socialize, back down to shower, etc.

That upper level will have decks to where if you grandparents don't feel like going down for another outing one day they can sit and sun and talk and read or whatever they like and still feel outside and in touch with the Outer Banks.

Wynnewood...
Level Contributor
15 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Corolla Light vs Currituck Club

We love the Currituck Club. You can easily drive to the community beach access, which has food and drinks! Great pools, and tennis. Easy to get to everything. Plus newer great rentals!

Cameron, North...
Level Contributor
19 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Corolla Light vs Currituck Club

I like both areas, as things to see and do, have never stayed at either place, take time to go see the wild horses while you're here. And some of the light houses. Go to corolla and drive up the beach is nice. Hope you have a good time.

Edited: 06 March 2013, 03:41
6. Re: Corolla Light vs Currituck Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Corolla
Recent Conversations