We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seas The Day/Corolla Ocean Sands Q Information?

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
541 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Seas The Day/Corolla Ocean Sands Q Information?

I am a LONG time lurker, first time poster! I would appreciate any help/insight anyone could share on a house (Seas The Day), or the area it is in (Ocean Sands Q). I know that the house has not been rented since 2009. It is located on Spinnaker Arch. What is Ocean Sands like? Good for families/close to activities for families/restaurants/Groceries? Can anyone help, maybe OBX2000? Thanks in advance!

nc
Level Contributor
492 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seas The Day/Corolla Ocean Sands Q Information?

Section Q is a very family-friendly section of Ocean Sands. There is very little traffic, and a nice wide beach with community walkovers to cross the dune. You will actually be about halfway between the Harris Teeter to your south at the entrance to the Currituck Club, and the Food Lion to your north in Monteray Plaza. Across from that is TimBuck II, which has lots of shops including Kitty Hawk Kites and Nags Head Hammocks, plus a few restaurants and a go-kart track. Go a little farther north and you will reach the Whalehead Club, which offers tours, concerts on the lawn, a wildlife education center, and space to take the kids crabbing.

You will also pass through Duck on your way to Ocean Sands. It has many fine restaurants, both kid-friendly and more adult-oriented, plus lots of shops, a soundside boardwalk and a "town green" where they have free concerts and a playground. You will find lots to do with kids!

Mentioned in this post
Currituck Club
Currituck Club
98 Reviews
Corolla, NC
Timbuck II
Timbuck II
60 Reviews
Corolla, NC
Kitty Hawk
Kitty Hawk
Outer Banks, NC
Nags Head
Nags Head
Outer Banks, NC
Cincinnati
Level Contributor
541 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seas The Day/Corolla Ocean Sands Q Information?

Thank you obxmaslin---very helpful, I appreciate it!

MD
Level Contributor
804 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seas The Day/Corolla Ocean Sands Q Information?

There's a 7 acre shallow lake behind the house that has loads of turtles in it . . . take the kids and some bread in the evening to feed them. If you have a small fishing rod, there's rumored to be some bass in the lake, put a worm and shallow floater near the cluster of trees to see if you can get a bite,

5 minute north is the Currituck lighthouse, awesome for a climb or just walk around and see the surrounding area. It's next door to the Whalehead Club, another place for a beautiful stroll along the sound. Bring a few chicken necks on string and crab off the pier. They have a tour of the mansion, which is okay, not really worth the money though. In between the lighthouse and mansion is a wildlife center that's free - kids will love walking through it and many take one of the nature classes they offer.

My kids love Tim Buck II. Arcade games, bumper cars, go carts, mini-golf, jet skiing, para sailing, a lots of interesting stores and restaurants to walk through. Stop by the Fudgery for treats,

Next to the Harris Teeter is a Duck Donuts . . . kids will love the chocolate cake donuts, best I've ever had.

Have fun!

Edited: 09 April 2013, 19:26
Mentioned in this post
Currituck Beach
Currituck Beach
218 Reviews
Corolla, NC
4. Re: Seas The Day/Corolla Ocean Sands Q Information?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2014, 05:15