We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Luminaries Festival - Dec 5-6 and 12-13

Cullowhee, North...
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Christmas Luminaries Festival - Dec 5-6 and 12-13

Dillsboro will be holding its annual Luminaries Festival the first 2 weekends in December. Come see the Smoky Mountain Town lit up with candle lit luminaries, see and hear live music performances at the shops and enjoy a genuine Smoky Mountain holiday season. This year the merchants chipped in and there will be a one of kind holiday fireworks show.

Visit the town's web site at www.visitdillsboro.org for details.

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,681 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Luminaries Festival - Dec 5-6 and 12-13

Thanks, Bob. I've only seen th luminaries once, but they were beautiful.

The little town where I live does luminaries on Christmas Eve and Christmas night. Being a councilman, I'm the one lighting all the candles. That's a lot of bending over, but it's worth it!

Cullowhee, North...
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Luminaries Festival - Dec 5-6 and 12-13

Brad:

Why dont you delegate that to some volunteer on one of your town's boards? (lol). Fortunately all the merchants chip in and do a section each. We cover Church Street and our employees usually fight us off and they want to light the candles :-)...and we let them too...

3. Re: Christmas Luminaries Festival - Dec 5-6 and 12-13

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Dillsboro