We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Pics? + info for may?

Which Duck hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ontario canada
Level Contributor
41 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Any Pics? + info for may?

Hi,

we have booked a 2 bedroom unit for may 7-14.

THe reviews here make me a little nervous about what we have gotten into.

we are going as 2 couples and 2 two year olds.

We are looking for a leisurely vacation with small children.

Does anyone have any pictures of this resort other than the standards (which look like they are from when it opened)

Also what are the 2 bedroom accomidations like?

+ Ideas for trips with toddlers/preschoolers?

Any imput would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

-Tif

you can also reply privately to:

tif_niece@yahoo.ca

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,411 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any Pics? + info for may?

If I'm reading your post thoroughly, I believe you didn't mention where you booked. Duck itself is a large area with many rentals.

ontario canada
Level Contributor
41 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any Pics? + info for may?

Sorry we are booked @ barrier island station.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,411 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any Pics? + info for may?

There are some photos where someone has one for sale at:

sellmytimesharenow.com/details.php…

You can click for additional pix.

Found this one too:

members.virtualtourist.com/m/p/m/25db2c/

You might see if any forum members put up pix.

For things to do...in the little search box at the top of these posts write in Duck and so another one with Corolla and another with each of Nags Head, Kitty Hawk...all the towns...ocracoke, roanoke island, etc. There are lots of posts with good insight. Saves a little time and you get lots of personal opinions.

Lots to do for young families. Keep writing for more info you need.

MD
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Any Pics? + info for may?

We are also booked here during the end of May- Just wondering if you could let us know how your stay was and what # unit you were in. We are the 400 units. Any info. would be great. I am also a little nervous based on the reviews I have read.

Locust Grove...
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any Pics? + info for may?

We've been owners at BIS for 15 yrs and have gone every Sept for all those years. Most of the units are older but there are 3 newer buildings (800's is one of them) closer to the ocean. They keep them up pretty well.Whatever bldg you are in, it's a nice walk to the pool or beach-at the most 1/2 mile or you can even drive down if you have lots of junk to lug as there are parking spaces available. Building 100 is the furthest from the ocean but we don't mind the walk. Many units have lots of steps so be prepared-ask for a first floor unit if you can. I'm sure there is also a small tot playground.Charcoal BBQ grills are available all over the complex.Daily activities are available but probably not suitable for 2 yr olds. Take a ride 18 miles north into Corolla for shopping and sightseeing. There also is shopping in Duck. We love the area and will continue using our unit.

Locust Grove...
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any Pics? + info for may?

Just realized you are already home from you're trip. Let the forum know if you liked it!

7. Re: Any Pics? + info for may?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 11:24