We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea Pines vs Osprey

Which Duck hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Northern Virginia
Level Contributor
153 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Sea Pines vs Osprey

We have stayed in Osprey once, but depending on house availability, we may consider Sea Pines.

We liked Osprey because it's a quiet, somewhat upscale community with a nice community pool.

How does Osprey compare to say, Scarborough Lane in Sea Pines? Is Sea Pines more bustling with people-neighborhood & beach? Is the location, close to shops, worth it? How are it's neighborhood amenities, i.e. lifeguard, beach lifeguard etc...

Are there other neighborhoods, streets oceanside, that compare to Osprey?

Thanks!

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,670 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sea Pines vs Osprey

You do realize a name is not trademarked or unique. The OBX could have the same name on 100 cottages so no one will really know what houses you are talking about. Hatteras, Ocracoke, Nags Head, Kitty, Duck, Corolla, 4x4 could all have a house or 10 with those names.

Rental Company

Unit number

Address

Town

This is what you need to post, not the name of the house which can change overnight.

Northern Virginia
Level Contributor
153 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sea Pines vs Osprey

I am not asking about a specific house, I am interested in the difference between the neighborhoods of Osprey and Sea Pines in Duck.

Duck, North Carolina
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sea Pines vs Osprey

I think you will find more people around Sea Pines than Osprey; there is a greater population density in the heart of Duck, and also people come in to visit the shops and restaurants. So it depends what you are looking for, whether you want to be walking distance to the shops or whether you want to be somewhere a little quieter. There are a number of other neighborhoods north of the Corps of Engineers pier besides Osprey.

Per the town of Duck, lifeguards are located:

From May 28 through September 5:

Sprigtail Drive

Barrier Island Station

Schooner Ridge Drive

Four Seasons Drive

From June 25 through August 14:

Scarborough Lane

Plover Drive

4. Re: Sea Pines vs Osprey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 09:16