We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seafood Restuarant in or near Duck

Which Duck hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Georgetown, Kentucky
Level Contributor
63 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Seafood Restuarant in or near Duck

First time visitor to OBX. We will be staying at the Sanderling Resort the week of July 4th. We want to eat lots of seafood that week. I have searched Seafood restaurants and it seems most that have the steamed pots (my favorite) are markets that you take the food home and cook. Since we are at the Sanderling we wont have a kitchen.

Where is a restaurant that sells seafood in or near Duck. I am reading the info on Duck, and afraid we will be disappointed that there is not much to do or places to eat in Duck. How far will we have to drive to the area with most of the seafood restaurants?

Duck, North Carolina
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Seafood Restuarant in or near Duck

There are a number of excellent restaurants in Duck. Take a look particularly at Aqua, the Blue Point, Coastal Cravings, and Paper Canoe, but there are others as well. obxconnection.com/outer-banks-restaurants/re…

MD
Level Contributor
732 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seafood Restuarant in or near Duck

About 10-15 minutes north of you in the Tim Buck II shopping center is a place called Steamers. They will make a fully cooked steamer pot for you to take home if you desire. They also have a full menu of select seafood dishes. Tried them for the first time a few years ago and loved it. Really enjoyed the seafood bisque.

http://steamerstogo.com/menu/

Georgetown, Kentucky
Level Contributor
63 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seafood Restuarant in or near Duck

Thansk Marylander6, I have looked at their menu and it looks DEVINE, however I called them and they said the steamer pots are not cooked onsite, you must cook them at home and since we are staying at the Sanderling Resort that is not an option, They did say they could steam shrimp and we could eat it at their picnic table, but they dont cook/steam the pots.. : (

I have searched many websites and can not find any restaurant that sells steamer pots or Low Country Boil, or frog man stew (which is the names I have ordered them under) and it is my FAVORITE thing to eat on Vacation. Hopefully we will be able to find some seafood restaurant that sells them. Again, thanks for your suggestion.

Duck, North Carolina
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Seafood Restuarant in or near Duck

Sorry, I read too fast and didn't realize you were just looking for steamer pots. I haven't tried this place though I've driven by many times, but you could call them and ask: http://docksidenduck.com/

Outer Banks, NC
Level Contributor
479 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seafood Restuarant in or near Duck

Doubt you will find cooked steamer pots to go in Duck. Seafood at restaurants, look at Cravings, Red Sky Cafe, Blue Point, Paper Canoe. You could go to Sunset Grill, but in my mind the Sanderling and Sunset Grill don't go together.

You could also check out the Lifesaving Station at the Sanderling.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
144 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seafood Restuarant in or near Duck

The best seafood I had when we were in Duck in May (it changes from year to year) was at the Red Sky Cafe.

Murrysville, PA
Level Contributor
313 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seafood Restuarant in or near Duck

The Paper Canoe, Roadside Grill, Coastal Cantina and Blue Point are all very good restaurants in Duck. We visit Steamers 2 or 3 times during our annual 2 week visit and it never disappoints - and they have one of the best cheesecakes we've ever had. North Banks Raw Bar and Grill in TimBuck II is also very good.

richmond
Level Contributor
894 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seafood Restuarant in or near Duck

Call Coastal Cravings and see if they will do a pot for you to eat in. They do have steamed seafood to eat in. Also I Got Your Crabs in Kitty Hawk is great for fresh crabs( they catch their own) and other steamed seafood. They have a website with their menu. It's about a 20-30 minute drive. Check out the Tripadvisor pages for Duck and Corolla for more restaurants and things to do. I don't think you will be bored! Have a great trip.

nc
Level Contributor
477 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Seafood Restuarant in or near Duck

I have to give an extra shout out to I Got Your Crabs. It's a silly name and it's in a little strip mall in Kitty Hawk, but the food is absolutely the freshest, it's family owned and very affordable. The she crab soup was perfection as far as I am concerned.

My list in Duck would include the Blue Pointe, Roadside, Red Sky and Aqua. Not a fan of Coastal Cravings, but I like Coastal Cantina in the Waterfront Shops for a nice sunset.

Lakeland, TN
Destination Expert
for Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,822 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Seafood Restuarant in or near Duck

You know, kytraveler307, you won't be in the Low Country, so not finding their cuisine in the Outer Banks is not surprising. The area you'll be staying in is wonderful, but not designed with rows of Callabash type seafood buffet restaurants with long lines of tourists. Those are in the Myrtle Beach area, while Duck is beautifully lower key and has it's own style of cuisine. There are lots of good seafood restaurants in the Outer Banks between Duck and Kitty Hawk as has been stated. I agree with the others about Steamers. and you'll find me there in a couple of weeks.

Edited: 20 June 2013, 14:07