We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lunch stop along i-85

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Topic
lunch stop along i-85

Hello,

I will be driving from Washington DC to South Carolina on 10/14/13. Can someone suggest a good stop for a late lunch along i-85 around Durham?

Thank you

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lunch stop along i-85

You might enjoy some good NC BBQ at Allen and Son,

6203 Millhouse Rd, Chapel Hill, NC. Of course we here in NC have very strong opinions of what is the 'right' way to do BBQ, so read the reviews with that in mind. Check it out if you like BBQ - definitely worth a stop.

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: lunch stop along i-85

Thank you, but it looks like they're not open on Mondays, the day I'll be driving:(

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lunch stop along i-85

If you are in the mood for BBQ, Smithfields has places along 85 in Henderson (north of Durham) and Mebane (further south). It's a NC chain and should be open on Monday. Good chicken, too.

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
7,864 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lunch stop along i-85

Durham has tons of really fantastic restaurants, but I'm not coming up with one right off I-85. If you've got time to go into town and explore a little I'm sure we could help you find something you'd like.

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: lunch stop along i-85

Thank you everyone! I'll take suggestions in Durham too. Depending on the traffic, I might have some time to explore:)

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
7,864 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: lunch stop along i-85

I'd suggest somewhere in the American Tobacco Campus adjacent to the Durham Bulls ballpark. There are 5 or 6 restaurants there and it's a nice reworking of former tobacco warehouses and manufacturing with so e great urban landscaping with a creek and green space.

Alternately you might like to check out Watts Grocery (which is not really a grocery but a farm to table restaurant) and its not too far from 85. Check TAs suggestions for restaurants too. Durham has an amazing selection.

7. Re: lunch stop along i-85

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2014, 06:21