We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety of area around Duke Towers, Durham?

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Safety of area around Duke Towers, Durham?

We are coming to Durham over Easter to visit our son & daughter in law who live nr Duke East Campus. They don't have room to put us up and have suggested we stay in an apartment in nearby Duke Towers.We'd like tocan walk or cycle to and from our son's apartment as well as into downtown. Would it be safe to do so from this neighbourhood?

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
280 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safety of area around Duke Towers, Durham?

In my opinion it is a bit of a transition area but relatively safe. I'm not sure I would walk there at night alone. If it is within your price range you might consider the King's Daughter Inn (http://thekingsdaughtersinn.com/) which is immediately across the street from Duke East Campus and in Trinity Park.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safety of area around Duke Towers, Durham?

Thanks. That's useful to know. I looked at Kings Daughter Inn - looks lovely, but think it will be outside our price range, given the cost of our direct flights from UK. I am a regular swimmer and the pool at Duke Towers is an attraction, but worth knowing that we would need to be careful at night if we decide to stay there.

3. Re: Safety of area around Duke Towers, Durham?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2015, 13:15