We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
PA
Level Contributor
9 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rental near Amtrak Durham station?

Hi, I am traveling from the Northeast to Durham and need a car rental. I am assuming there are no taxi's at the Durham Amtrak station to take me to a local car rental. Any suggestions on a local car rental to use that will pick me up from the train station?

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
8,045 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental near Amtrak Durham station?

You can call a taxi. That's what we do around these parts. We don't have cabs just hangin' around waiting to pick up fares except at the airport, but there are plenty of cabs you can call.

There's an Enterprise Car Rental w/in walking distance of the Amtrak and they should come to you at the station as well. Don't know anything about that particular branch, but we have rented happily from Enterprise before.

You can use google maps "search nearby" function to find things like car rentals, hotels, etc. Here's a link to a google map of the Durham Amtrak and local car rental places. http://tinyurl.com/lx9o7fu

PA
Level Contributor
9 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental near Amtrak Durham station?

Good to know there are options, I will check into it. Very helpful -- thanks so much!

3. Re: Car Rental near Amtrak Durham station?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2016, 15:17