We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this Emerald Isle?

Which Emerald Isle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Weaverville, North...
Level Contributor
790 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Is this Emerald Isle?

We're looking for a beach town, not a high rise/resort area and not just houses on the beach. We'd like somewhere we could leave our car for the most of the week and get to the beach, shops (not necessarily grocery) and restaurant by just walking a short distance. A pier or fishing would be great.

There are so many different towns along the NC coast that I need some help trying to narrow down my options.

nc usa
Level Contributor
1,948 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this Emerald Isle?

Okracoke is the only place that I can think of right off hand. It's too crowded for me, but most people love it.

nc usa
Level Contributor
1,948 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this Emerald Isle?

Should have read more carefully- it's not EI- that's mostly houses. I do love it though and go every chance I get.

3. Re: Is this Emerald Isle?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 04:17