We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging for Elderly Couple

Inman, SC
Level Contributor
461 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Lodging for Elderly Couple

My father and step-mother are in their mid to late 80's. They are looking for oceanfront lodging at Emerald Isle (area). Sad to say it, but they are "old school" folks and probably would prefer a chain motel rather than condo or B&B rental. I doubt that they would stay as long as one week, as they always say they're going to and end up getting home sick or bored and ready to come home :- ) It must be clean, clean, clean with a wonderful view of the ocean and beach area, and have comfy bed. An elevator would be a "must-have" as they both have knee issues.This old couple is pretty hard to please, but I love them and would be happy to find appropriate lodging for them....can anyone offer any help? Thanks in advance.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
28 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging for Elderly Couple

There are no chain hotels in Emerald Isle. it is primarily a single-family home community. If you want a chain you will have some success looking at the other end of the island at Atlantic Beach. If a condo would be OK, I would review the websites of the larger rental agencies in the area. Bluewater, Emerald Isle Realty, Point Emerald Villas, and Sun-Surf Realty.

US
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging for Elderly Couple

You might want to check out the Blockade Runner on Wrightsville Beach. It has a very retro feel, which I personally enjoy.

They will want to be in one of the oceanfront units with a balcony. Ask for the third or fourth floor. Specify that a good view is important. The beds are comfortable. The floors are tile--they might want to bring some house shoes. Yes, there are elevators.

They can also be oceanfront in a room without a balcony--those rooms overlook the pool and face the ocean. The rooms with the balconies are my favorite. Oh, and a buffet breakfast is included in the rate, if I remember correctly. Double check on that, though.

The other hotel you can check is the Holiday Inn Resort on Wrightsville Beach. It is very nice also.

3. Re: Lodging for Elderly Couple

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2014, 07:16