We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need info for visit "The Farm" just out side of Fayetteville

nw wa
Level Contributor
20 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
need info for visit "The Farm" just out side of Fayetteville

I am attending a wedding at The Farm in Saint Pauls, North Carolina in late October and I need information about the area. I am told the closest town is Fayetteville and closest airport I am able to fly into is Charlotte. How far are these from St Pauls? Also what is a "NICE" safe place to stay ? Alot of the reviews for any hotels listed are only for places like Days Inn, Hotel 6, and similar type places. I would love to actually find a bed and breakfast but I think they are more of a west coast thing not east coast thing . Also what are some must see and /or do while I am in that area of the country? Any sugestions on resturants that are organic food or non gmo in their offerings would be also appreciated. We have a person with us that has a lot of food related alergies and issues. I would like to be able to drive over to the coast for a day trip .. How far away will we be and any recommendations on going to the coast are very greatly appreciated.

Thank you

3 replies to this topic
Greensboro, NC
Level Contributor
974 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: need info for visit "The Farm" just out side of Fayetteville

There is an airport at Fayetteville which is about 5 miles from town. The next closest is Raleigh/Durham which is about 90 miles. There are two B&Bs in Fayetteville--Gloria and Edgar's and MacPherson House that have decent references. Have a good trip.

Edited: 12 March 2014, 20:27
Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
8,048 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: need info for visit "The Farm" just out side of Fayetteville

St Pauls is not far from Lumberton, either. There would be hotels there. Couldn't advise on which are the best.

Not a big organic scene in that area of NC, but tons in the Triangle (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill area). You're not far from the Wilmington area (maybe 1.5 hrs down hwy 87) and you should be able to find some organic, etc there, too. You could also fly into Wilmington (ILM), but Fayetteville (FAY) would be closer.

There are plenty of B&Bs in NC, just not in that area. Do take a trip to the coast. The area around Fayetteville, St Paul's, Lumberton is not the most scenic part of the state.

Edited: 12 March 2014, 20:39
Western Washington
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: need info for visit "The Farm" just out side of Fayetteville

I live in Fayetteville and have lots of food allergies (corn! among others) and love to go to restaurants. There aren't really any "organic" restaurants that I know of but there are lots of small independent ones where the owners are cooking and can tell you the ingredients. Lots of Thai, Korean...

If you go up to Raleigh for the day, you have to go to The Pit. It is the best bbq, local meat, they are able to tell me all the ingredients, the only bbq place I can eat. Plus across the street is Videri Chocolate Factory- teeny tiny shop that makes their own chocolate bars with their own beans- you can see them make the chocolate. Sooooo yummy!

Reply to: need info for visit "The Farm" just out side of Fayetteville
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fayetteville