We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How are the beaches in Rodanthe/Waves/Salvo?

Maryland
Level Contributor
287 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How are the beaches in Rodanthe/Waves/Salvo?

My friend told me that they are shallow and the sand is coarse/ugly. Is this true?

Thanks,

temple

Dayton, Ohio
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: How are the beaches in Rodanthe/Waves/Salvo?

I don't know yet. I am staying there this Saturday - Monday, so I'll have to check back and let you know.

~Ohio

NC
Level Contributor
580 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How are the beaches in Rodanthe/Waves/Salvo?

I have no idea what your friend is talking about. The beaches are nice all up and down the Outer Banks. The sand isn't that powder soft texture you see on Florida's Gulf Coast or throughout the Caribbean but it is soft and nice to walk on. Just like any beach area there are shallower areas...the only reason to be concerned about shallow water is for fishing and I assure you that there are good spots to be found.

3. Re: How are the beaches in Rodanthe/Waves/Salvo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 02:19
Get answers to your questions about Hatteras Island